Alzheimer`s Disease/Dementia

Question
Would love to know what meds, vitamins, exercise, diet, etc seems to be working.  Mom is 84 and suffers from dementia after multiple mini strokes.

Answer
Revised: sorry, there were typos in the part "The foods you must eat infrequently", please revise this part! = TZ.

Dear Christi,

I advise you to give your grandmother these three supplements.

a) Pyruvate.

Pyruvate is the most natural energy substance produced by our bodies from glucose. Cognitive problems occur when glucose cannot be used by brain cells effectively enough. Pyruvate is used more readily. You can search in your nutrition store or on amazon,com for the best deal. The effective dose is 6 grams a day, increasing the dose does not work any better. The concept and scientific evidence can be found at our official website Energy for the Brain.

b) Goji, Ceylon cinnamon.

Insulin sensitivity is another trouble causing cognitive problems. Currently, there are several several natural supplements restoring insulin sensitivity, of which I recommend you the most versatile and easily available - Goji berries (1-e tablespoons a day or Ceylon cinnamon 1 gram a day. Again, look for them in your grocery or health food store or search on Amazon.

c) Antioxidant support

The best natural antioxidant with good bioavailability taken orally is superoxide dismutase (SOD) made of very special bitter melon grown in France, Luberone, and called "melon SOD". Same as with previous two, search for the best deal online or in GNS. Please don't hesitate asking me to help finding the supplements.

EATING

There is evidence that the change in eating habits can do you good on the long run - but the sooner you start, the better the results.

Here is a short summary. The foods most successfully improving cognitive performance and memory, habitually eaten as many times a week or day as indicated:

Green leafy vegetables    >6 times a week
Other vegetables        >1 times a day
Nuts          >5 times a week  
Berries         >2 times a week
Beans          >3 times a week
Whole grains       >3 times a day
Fish          >1 times a week
Poultry         >2 times a week
Olive oil      must be the main oil for cooking/dressing
Red wine          1 time a day  

The foods you must eat infrequently:

Red meats         <4/times a week   
Butter and stick margarine   <1 Tbs a day
Cheese          <1 time a week
Pastries and sweets      <5 times a week
Fried or fast food      <1 time a week

Source: Morris, M. C., Tangney, C. C., Wang, Y., Sacks, F. M., Bennett, D. A., & Aggarwal, N. T. (2015). MIND diet associated with reduced incidence of Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's & Dementia, ahead of print

2. EXERCISING
As to physical activities, it is advised to work out 30 minutes daily or more, of which 10 min should be at intensity making grandma warm and breathing a little harder.

Please don't hesitate asking me any further questions  

Alzheimer`s Disease

Tanya Zilberter