Amateur Wrestling/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
wrestling2/11/2011Coach Raphael
  Q: hi in freshmen wrestling do u only learn basics or do u also go to events to wrestle and stay after ...
  A: Hey Man, Thanks for the question. Freshmen Wrestling is your introduction to highschool wrestling. ...
amateur wrestling1/26/2011Coach Raphael
  Q: hey coach I wrestled my senior year in high school but i just graduated and I want to keep ...
  A: Hey Tony, Thanks for the question. Staying in amateur wrestling should be fairly easy. I would look ...
Left Handed and Beginer1/23/2011Coach Raphael
  Q: My son is 9 and is in his 2nd year of youth wrestling. The coaches do their best but there's too ...
  A: Hey Kevin, Thanks for the question. I would agree that if he is not comfortable doing penetration ...
Choke Holds1/22/2011P.Friedl
  Q: My problem is simple, I joined wrestling and sometimes I get caught in a choke hold. What I usually ...
  A: well this is a little more complicated than you think. yes, putting your chin down will help. but ...
first year wrestler11/23/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: im 17 a junior in high school. I have been training at a local mma gym and decided to wrestle this ...
  A: Hey Zach, Thanks for the question. I would recommend, first having the coaching staff analyze your ...
College11/19/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: Hey coach, I've been involved with wrestling since I was in first grade and went all the way ...
  A: Hey Ryan, Thanks for the question. You are technically what would be your red-shirt period ( 1-2 ...
State Champion11/17/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: Coach, I'm a sophomore in high school, I'm 5'6 and i wrestle at 145lbs. I use to wrestle one year ...
  A: Hey Anthony, Thank you for the question. What you have aspirations for is within reach, provided ...
Offseason10/15/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: Well, the season is starting and all i did this summer is trained and wrestle. my question is ...
  A: Hey Marvin, Thanks for the question. Yes, freestyle will help you greatly. I actually did not ...
Age10/3/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: Hi im 21 and have never wrestled is it to late to start also where can I learn to wrestle i am no ...
  A: Hey Jesus, Thank you for the question. It is never too late to learn wrestling because it also ...
Brute strength9/17/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: I am not a wrestler but i do live in an area where frequent brawls occur. I am 20 years old and have ...
  A: Hey Adithya, Thanks for the question. The biggest thing you need to understand about strength ...
Shots7/9/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: Hey Coach, im having trouble shoting. i know how to shoot, but i dont drop my level and i dont know ...
  A: Hey Marvin, Thanks for the question. Remember that to master any move, along with the "how", you ...
What makes a great wrestling team7/4/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: Hey, i'm wondering, what makes a great wrestling team? is it the coaches training and knowledge of ...
  A: Hey Marvin, Thank you for the great question. I will offer my viewpoint from the perspective of a ...
amateur wrestling6/27/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: where do i go to get a wrestling match in the uk.i would like to have a mud wrestling match but i ...
  A: Hey Cherie, Thanks for the question. I am assuming that you want a real wrestling match as in ...
offseason6/23/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: and I'm doing the football team so i can gain muscle for wrestling, but i don't know what to do to ...
  A: Hey Marvin, Thanks for the question. Since you are already skilled at weight training, you are half ...
wrestling age6/16/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: could you please let me know what is the age limit for Olympic wrestling ?
  A: Hey Sanju, Thanks for the question. As far as I know, there is no age limit - it is based on your ...
Can i start wrestling5/22/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: How are you? I was in martial arts a decade ago,right now i want to start learning wrestling and get ...
  A: Hey Sanju, Thanks for the question. I must admit that becoming an Olympic medalist in wrestling is ...
wrestling4/30/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: I'm going to be a sophomore and i was wondering do i lift weights and get stronger which will add ...
  A: Hey Ryan, Thank you for your question. I would definitely recommend that you lift weights and get ...
WWE4/2/2010P.Friedl
  Q: I want to know whether its important to go to Ohio valley wrestling if you want to enter WWE or you ...
  A: I'm not sure what kind of wrestling Ohio Valley Wrestling teaches. If its collegiate style wrestling ...
I want to be a wrestler4/1/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: I am from India and i have planned to take wrestling as my carrer but sir i have a few problems ...
  A: Hey Rickson, Thank you for the question. Let me ask you to consider the following: are you ...
Squealing3/29/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: I'm a rookie. My coaches always told me that if you squealed during a match your opponent would get ...
  A: Hey Rhue, Thanks for the question. It turns out out that this is true. This particular set of ...
Advice3/17/2010P.Friedl
  Q: I'm a 17 junior going to become a senior next year. And all my freinds want me to wrestle. I was ...
  A: there are a lot of wrestling-like things you can take up to help you. wrestling is the only one that ...
quitting3/15/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: Coach Raphael my son is 12 years old and has been wrestling since 5. It is the one sport he has ever ...
  A: I am in the middle of ramping up with my uncle (Bobby Douglas - Iowa St) for the upcoming NCAA ...
Where to wrestle at 40+3/7/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: I am 44 years old. I have kept myself in pretty good shape over the years, and now, following in my ...
  A: Hey Steve, Thank you for your question. It seems that you are following a good 'lifestyle' trend ...
Tall, Lengthy Style, What series is suggested?2/24/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: Hey coach, I am 145, and i'm close to 6'1". I have been told that throws, and riding on top would be ...
  A: Hey Derek Thanks for the question. It seems that you were given some good advice. Being tall is a ...
wrestling2/16/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: I have wrestled 171 pounds since my freshman year and i was thinking about gaining 18 pounds over ...
  A: Hey Nathan, Thanks for the question. Let's see, to pack on 18 pounds of muscle, you will have to ...
Can't win the big ones2/13/2010P.Friedl
  Q: How have I wrestled 4 years pouring my heart and soul into wretling and not make the state ...
  A: well i can't say for sure but one reason that i come across a lot is that you're overlooking whoever ...
I am a 15yr old girl and need to know exactly how to start preparing for wrestling next year.2/7/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: I am a 15 year old girl and I really want to become a wrestler at my high school next year. I want ...
  A: Hey Heather, Thank you for the question. I want you to know that stepping into wrestling at 15yrs ...
pro wrestling1/27/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: thanks zach
  A: Hey Zach, Thanks for the question. If you are truly interested in becoming a pro wrewstler, I would ...
wrestling a tall wrestler1/26/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: I am 145# 5 foot 7 inch high school wrestler. I am wrestling a 6 foot 3 inch 145# wrestler. Any ...
  A: Hey Doug, Thank you for the question. You and I are practically the same height, so this problem is ...
hi1/9/2010Coach Raphael
  Q: me and my friend we like wrestling but do you know any good wrestling schools in Canada or in ...
  A: Hey Michael, Thank you for your question and interest in, I am assuming, amateur wrestling. For ...
age for wrestling12/26/2009Coach Raphael
  Q: Coach: What is the maximum age for wrestling? I am over 60, in good health, and always enjoyed ...
  A: Hey Ric, Thank you for the question! I do not believe that you are too old, depending, of course, ...
wrestling training12/23/2009Coach Raphael
  Q: I would like some advice as to how to get in shape for wresting. I don't have any plans to compete ...
  A: Hey John, IT looks like you already have a good training regimen set up for yourself. In addition ...
a rule12/21/2009Coach Raphael
  Q: hey him a sophomore and i was at a tournament and the kid came up and i beat him then the other ...
  A: Hey Stephen, It sounds like the tournament was not very organized if this was allowed to happen. ...
help12/20/2009P.Friedl
  Q: how can i use this shrug that guy do like what is it good for? watch this video of the guy in the ...
  A: well, i think you can use the same way that kid uses it. i've had limited success with shrugs, i ...
help12/20/2009Coach Raphael
  Q: wassup coach its me fazon the one who use dont tie up but i was wondering how can i use this move ...
  A: Hey Fazon, I used the shrug quite often as a major part of my arsenal from the feet. What I would ...
illegal?12/17/2009P.Friedl
  Q: is the anaconda squeeze illegal? when wrestler wraps legs around ribs and squeeze.
  A: that particular thing falls into the category of unethical but not illegal. you can wrap the legs ...
wrestling11/23/2009Coach Raphael
  Q: I'm a sophomore in high school and i'm thinking about trying out for the wrestling team. my friends ...
  A: Hey Dave, I think you would be well-suited to try out for wrestling. Because of your experience ...
First Year Wrestling11/18/2009Coach Raphael
  Q: I am a first year wresteler in my senior year of High school. I am going to be going in to the 171 ...
  A: Hey Elijah, Thank you for your question. Being that this is your first year, you may be at a ...
Basic wrestling11/17/2009Coach Raphael
  Q: I have 58 kids in my first class ages between 4-7. It's hard to keep their attention as it is, lol, ...
  A: Hey Danny, Thanks for the question. I applaud your courage as a coach for taking on this age group ...
WRESTLING COACH?11/12/2009Coach Raphael
  Q: I am a high school wrestler and i attend jordan high school i have fought to keep wrestling in my ...
  A: Hey David, I commend you for your efforts to keep the dream alive for wrestling in your school! You ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7   |  Next       All

Amateur Wrestling

P.Friedl

Top Expert on this page