Amiga Problems/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Amiga CD32 Expansion12/20/2015Gregory Donner
  Q: Is it possible to de-solder the female end of a A1200 68030/25mhz expansion card, put a male end on ...
  A: Honestly, I have no idea whether or not this would work--I'm not an electrical hardware guy (at the ...
CD3211/24/2015Gregory Donner
  Q: I have a amiga cd32 with Paravision SX-1 on the way. I printed out the manual and it mentioned a ...
  A: I did a little web searching, and found what I trust you're looking for--the Paravision SX-1 setup ...
commodore amiga 3000 problems11/13/2015Gregory Donner
  Q: he has a amiga 3000 which he has been using it for a long time, for a specialized photography ...
  A: The only U.S.-based places I'm aware of are Amigakit: http://www.amigakit.us But the following ...
amiga 500 video problem9/22/2014Gregory Donner
  Q: When I start my Amiga 500 on boot screen shows vertical stripes. I connect amiga to LCD TV using ...
  A: Not being a hardware expert, I can only make a pooly-educated guess, but I would suspect some of the ...
amiga 5001/29/2014Gregory Donner
  Q: Took it out of the closet after about 20 years. Set it up, turned on the system and all I get is a ...
  A: Is the flash red light coming from the monitor or from somewhere else, such as the Power LED? If ...
Amiga 500 Not Boot UP9/18/2013Gregory Donner
  Q: I want to thank in advance the opportunity you give us to repair our beloved Amiga. I have an Amiga ...
  A: From your description of the green screen that you see when trying to boot, it appears that the CHIP ...
Amiga 500 plus possible faulty disk drive?3/22/2013Gregory Donner
  Q: I have acquired my friends old Amiga 500 plus and have been testing games load on it. About half ...
  A: You were wise to purchase a replacement floppy drive--it sounds like it may well have been the ...
a1200 screen pulsing1/21/2013Gregory Donner
  Q: i have just fired up my amiga 1200 after about 6 months and the screen pulses between light and dark ...
  A: The light and dark grey should be an indication of a normal boot-up process; however, is the blurred ...
intermittent boot problem.12/23/2012Gregory Donner
  Q: recently re-discovered my a500, initial setup was marred by the good old flashing red led. after the ...
  A: You've clearly tried everything you can in determining the source of the lockup. Not being very ...
A1200 boot problem11/22/2012Gregory Donner
  Q: I have an Amiga 1200 that wont boot from cold unless you short out the +12v power pin to ground. ...
  A: I wish I could give you an answer as to why your A1200 is hard/soft booting, but unfortunately, I'm ...
amiga 12004/7/2012Gregory Donner
  Q: v is there any way of getting them 2 work on flatscreens
  A: The following 15Khz RGB CGA YUV Component Video YCbCr to VGA Converter Scaler might be worth a try. ...
saving problems11/27/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: ive got a 1200 and when it comes 2 saving game data on disks it dosent work.tabs down on disks.ive ...
  A: I'm not familiar with Monkey Island, but were you able to save game data to the same disk and drive ...
Amiga600HD sound corruption7/16/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: I recently bought a 2nd hand Amiga 600 HD from ebay with a 120mb hard disk fitted. It works ...
  A: It's possible that the Paula chip (which handles sound) is faulty, though all the custom chips on ...
A600 not loading anything6/11/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: I have recently purchase an Amiga 600 , came the other day in great condition and a game I had ...
  A: As you guessed, it sounds like the internal floppy drive is faulty. You can indeed buy an external ...
amiga a600 loading problem6/6/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: i recently bought an a600 of ebay. everything is set up right. so when i load the games, some games ...
  A: When you say some of your games "reload", go to a white screen, and return to the start page, do you ...
A3000 3.1 Kickstart Rom5/20/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: This is a follow up to the Hard Drive issue I had a week or so ago... I had purchased (on ebay) 3.1 ...
  A: What do you see if you hold down both mouse buttons when booting up? A screen like the one below ...
Amiga 3000 hard drive replacement5/13/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: I have a newly aquired Amiga 3000 and I'd like to replace its current (old) 40 mb hard scsi drive ...
  A: Ah--it sounds like you have a rare, and early version of the Amiga 3000, one that uses files to boot ...
AMIGA 500 games donīt boot4/15/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: 3 disk image loads workbench 1.3 but on games when it comes to enter the game screen goes mad like ...
  A: If Workbench is booting fine, and the game is crashing, then either the game is not compatible with ...
Booting Amiga 5004/11/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: I have an Amiga 500+ that has been sat in a box for about 12 years, I've just decided to set it back ...
  A: You guessed correctly that it could be your game(s) at fault (since Amiga disks and hardware are ...
A1200 booting3/26/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: My a1200 boots to AmigaDOS how can I stop it ?
  A: When you say it boots to AmigaDOS, do you mean it's not loading Workbench, and leaving you with only ...
amiga a12003/11/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: my amiga 1200 will not play the games there is a error block 893 and it will not play all my games ...
  A: Regardless of whether the error is on your hard drive or on a diskette, you can try to repair it by ...
Diagnostic Software1/12/2011Gregory Donner
  Q: do you know a diagnostic-software to test the (correct) functions of the zorro-slots of a A4000? ...
  A: The only software I can think of is SysDiag from Aminet (free): ...
AMIGA 120012/17/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: BUT NOW WHEN I TRY TO LOAD THE GAMES FROM MY HARDRIVE USING ICONS FROM THEIR FOLDERS, KEEP GETTING ...
  A: If your games were running fine before from your hard drive, then I suspect you may have a corrupt ...
amiga floppy problem11/22/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: Floppy wont read disks. Says disc in the drive is not a DOS disc. Thanks in advance!
  A: Providing that the discs you're trying to read aren't game discs (which typically aren't bootable ...
TOASTER FLYER BLOCK #10/6/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: I have an Amiga Toaster Flyer 4000T purchased in 1999. I have never had any probems with it. A ...
  A: It sounds like you have one or more bad blocks on your Toaster's hard drive. I would suggest ...
Amiga A600 boot up9/24/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: My amiga A600 is taking over 10 mins to boot up from switching on to showing the start up screen. I ...
  A: A very odd problem indeed! Doing some searching on Google popped up the following (the closest ...
A2000 Keyboard9/13/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: My A2000 keyboard is failing to respond period. the cap lock blinks three times which as I ...
  A: I don't know whether the watchdog timer is a replaceable component, but I think your best option is ...
A1200 crashing7/30/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: My A1200 which has been fine for years has suddenly started to crash frequently and its getting ...
  A: Not knowing any specifics about your crashes, I'm making educated guesses here, but if the crashes ...
Jaguar XJ220 Amiga Game6/13/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: Do you know if the Jaguar XJ220 game will play on the Amiga 500 Plus? Thanks, Luke
  A: It should--seeing as it was released in 1993, I'm not sure if it required AGA, but it should still ...
amiga 1200 help6/8/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: wanted to ask what software do i use to make my pcmcia wifi card work to get online? thanks ...
  A: From a quick Google search, it appears that much depends on what brand and model of wifi card you ...
Amiga External Disk Drive4/6/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: I have an Amiga 500, it turns on with the screen with the disk. I put a disk in, then the screen ...
  A: As long as your external drive is working fine, and is connected to the external port in the back of ...
Multiscan monitor settings on 3.9 WB3/21/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: before I installed 3.9 WB, my A4000T's wb refuse to use multiscan settings even after I dragged the ...
  A: As long as you're sure that the monitor(s) you're wanting to use with your A4000T are capable of ...
Amiga/laptop kickstart3/2/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: I have an amiga500 and a fair few of my games work i was trying to get them goin on my laptop with ...
  A: I normally wouldn't recommend the following website, but seeing as you own the Amiga that you want a ...
cant get a picture2/16/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: hi i have an amiga a500 the problem is i cant get no picture on my telly ive used the a520 and mono ...
  A: If you're sure that you've checked through the various channels on your TV for the A520's output ...
Broken a1200?2/7/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: I have an a1200 Elbox tower + Mediator a1200 which fails to boot any drive. My setup is: a1200 ...
  A: I wish I could give you some advice on what to do, but I'm unfamiliar with most of the hardware that ...
A1200 won't boot with HDD1/31/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: I bought a 2gb toshiba hdd and cradle off ebay and put it in my A600. It worked fine but now comes ...
  A: I sent a reply the same day you asked this question, but for some reason, it was not delivered by ...
amiga 6001/11/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: ive got an amiga 600.what lead/s do i need to connect to my new flatscreen monitor? whatever lead it ...
  A: Although I don't personally know how well the following device works, it claims to work with the ...
Amiga 6001/6/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: I recently bought an Amiga 600 off ebay. The machine works when plugged in as the green light comes ...
  A: Providing you've tried the correct channel on your TV (each TV is different, so I don't know which ...
Commodore Amiga 5001/2/2010Gregory Donner
  Q: I recently bought a commodaore amiga from ebay for my Dad. We had one years ago but no one can ...
  A: When you first turn on your Amiga, do you see a white screen with a hand holding a diskette? In ...
Amiga 500 won't boot with hard drive attached12/12/2009Gregory Donner
  Q: I own a amigo 500 with a mate at controller and hard drive plugged into the expiation port. This is ...
  A: This is a follow-up to your originalThis is a difficult one to answer, as I'm not familiar at all ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4   |  Next       All

Amiga Problems

Gregory Donner

Top Expert on this page