Amiga Problems/A1200 boot problem

I have an Amiga 1200 that wont boot from cold unless you short out the +12v power pin to ground. Then it will hard/soft reboot all day long.

I have replaced all the caps, 2 were faulty, but the problem persists.

Hi Arnie,

I wish I could give you an answer as to why your A1200 is hard/soft booting, but unfortunately, I'm not savvy with that level of computer electronics. As you've already surmised though, it does sound like a very low-level hardware issue on the PCB or its components.

I would suggest asking your question via the old Usenet newsgroups (now owned by Google):

Someone there should be able to provide some electronic-level assistance or at least give you some ideas to try. I'm sorry I can't be of more help on this, but I trust the newsgroups will turn up some answers for you.

Amiga Problems

Gregory Donner

Questions regarding the Amiga computer: I'm familiar most with software issues, but will do my best to troubleshoot any hardware problem you've encountered. If I can't answer a specific question, I will do my best to direct you to someone who can.

I certainly don't know everything about the Amiga, but having been a user of several different Amiga models for about fifteen years, I'm willing to share what I know.

Associate of Applied Science in Drafting/CAD Technology (A.A.S.)