Amos, Tori/cornflakes girl symbolism and meaning

Inue wrote at 2009-08-30 02:50:30
I just wanted to add in addition to the meaning of "rabbit" in the song and why she calls her friend that.  There is a book called "When Rabbit Howls" which is about a girl that was abused by her father.  Tori's friend was also abused and that is where the name came from.

(I need to dig through my tv interview videos for this exact reference.)

keloucks wrote at 2010-04-30 14:24:27
I just read that this song is in response to Tori reading a book about female genitalia mutilation in some countries. It's about the betrayal between a mother and her daughter. I think the lyrics make more sense when viewed in that light

marlais wrote at 2013-04-29 11:26:17
I think the "sweeteaze" thing is actually a transcription mistake.  I think the actual lyric is

"Seems we've got a cheaper feel now / all the sweet tea's all gone"

Like, at a nice function (especially in the South) you would set out coffee and sweet tea for your guests. If your budget ran out, the beverages would't get refilled when they ran out (or wouldn't have been put out in the first place.

girlitzerpink wrote at 2013-05-19 19:42:55
lol. you got it totally wrong. i heard the meaning personally.

and btw...cornflake girl....just right ring bell. cfg's are easily interpreted as the gals who get the gigs...the Peabody students. the one who gets the guy.

after all tori did not succeed at one try famously until 28.

i won;t reveal the true meaning. i do not have permission  

girlitzerpink wrote at 2013-05-19 19:46:35
the man with the goldn gun is not who you say...

remember. Tori says your relationship with her songs are your business. and i like to say i dont try to tell people what shee understands for u she understands me.

tread lightly.

tony j wrote at 2016-02-11 18:51:22
its about female circumcision . so knowing that you put your head to it.

Amos, Tori

I can answer almost all Tori inquires - as my years here as an expert can attest to. I have followed her closly for the past 15 years. I enjoy answering questions from my fellow Toriphiles and would love to help anyone in need! If I do not know the answer, I could sure get it for you by refrencing a book or web site. I am always searching too :)

I found Tori through a friend 15 years ago. We went to a show and I was in awe at the energy and passion she poured into the crowd. I have seen her over 20 times and every show has been unique and special in thier own way. I own more CDs than I can count and quite a few books. I am quite a happy EWF!!

I'm a high school graduate, some college courses under my belt & a certified Massage Therapist