Amphibian/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
can they live together11/11/2012Tina Beatty-Quiao
  Q: I have baby gecko and I am getting a baby chameleon can live to gether? I have a 50 gallon fish ...
  A: Addi, Unfortunately depending on the Gecko it may end up being food for him. If they are leopard ...
frog3/23/2012Tina Beatty-Quiao
  Q: I have a green tree frog which I have kept successfully since Sept. He eats 3 crickets every other ...
  A: Patricia, When it gets warmer take him outside if you want him to use the sun abit from time to ...
pacman frog3/19/2012Tina Beatty-Quiao
  Q: We have a young pacman frog that when we touch it with our finger it will have like a spasm or a ...
  A: Cyndi, Pac man frogs are not really pets to be touched. Not only because of the toxins in his coat ...
Pacman Frog2/29/2012Tina Beatty-Quiao
  Q: I just noticed my Pacman Frog seems skinny and not as round and fat as he normally does. He was also ...
  A: Tom, He may have a blockage. I would recommend a vet ASAP. If you want to try to treat this on your ...
White's tree frog not eating (again)2/17/2012Tina Beatty-Quiao
  Q: I have a 15+ year old White's tree that refuses to eat. In Nov 2011 he stopped eating. He was still ...
  A: Lisa, When you took him to the vet did you take stool that he checked for parasite's(worms). If he ...
Spotted Chorus Frog not eating11/22/2011Tina Beatty-Quiao
  Q: About a month and a half ago, I saved a Spotted Chorus Frog from the suction of our pool's skimmers. ...
  A: Gavin, It really is as simple as this. I have to tell you because it's the law your frog is ...
Pixie frog and pac man frog2/24/2009Nicole
  Q: I work for the animal shelter that only takes care of dogs and cats two days ago a lady just walked ...
  A: Well she was right about the fact that these frogs can get very large...both of them have a tendency ...
Golden bell frogs2/19/2009Nicole
  Q: I've just brought some golden bell tadpoles for my 5 year old and i've just read that when they turn ...
  A: Their secretions are mildly poisonous...but just enough to cause skin irritations. I would recommend ...
Fire Bellied Newts2/1/2009Nicole
  Q: I have two fire bellied newts in a 10 gallon tank. I am wondering what fish I could include with ...
  A: The only problem is that the newts will eat alot of different fish. Loaches will do okay in the tank ...
Toad with a swollen leg2/1/2009Nicole
  Q: We have had 2 egyptian toads for over a year. Today we noticed one of them has a swollen front left ...
  A: It sounds like he probably injured it somehow. If it is swollen, and he won't use it I would ...
african dwarf frog help please1/15/2009Nicole
  Q: I have an african dwarf frog with red spots on her head and who seems sick. I need help. Here my ...
  A: First things first...as for the water, your best bet is to just get a bottle of distilled water from ...
Fire bellied Toads Fighting1/14/2009Nicole
  Q: about a week ago I bought three fire bellied toads and I think I may have two males and a female ...
  A: The fighting that is happening is actually pretty common among this species and usually there is no ...
Newts1/12/2009Nicole
  Q: I have a 20 gallon tank with a gourami, barbs, and snail. It is pretty empty right now and has a ...
  A: You are right in saying Fire Bellied Newts do need slightly cooler temperatures than tropical fish. ...
lizards1/12/2009Nicole
  Q: is it normal for my lizard to stay still for hours
  A: Often times lizards will lay out in the sun(or basking light) for several hours at a time. When they ...
Salamander and waterdragon1/9/2009Nicole
  Q: I have a salamander and a water dragon in the same tank is that ok? The tank 75gal has been ...
  A: You could probably get away with keeping them together as long as there is plenty of hiding places ...
Can you Identify Frogs?1/4/2009Nicole
  Q: My wife was soaking a Christmas Cactus plant in the kitchen sink and as she moved the branches ...
  A: they are always helpful in identifying species. What you have found is a Grey Treefrog. They are ...
Fire belly newt (or salamander)12/27/2008Nicole
  Q: I was wondering if you could put them in the same cage.my newt is not eating and he has gotten out ...
  A: The fire belly newt cannot go into the same tank. The newts need to be able to get out of the water ...
Salamander, Newt?12/14/2008Nicole
  Q: I live in San Diego, California. What salamander has a shorter life span and can stand this ...
  A: Well, if you mean temperatures in San Diego most salamanders could handle it pretty well. It's warm ...
fire bellied newt12/9/2008Nicole
  Q: i have a fire bellied newt that seems to have puffed up to an abnormal size.do you have any idea why ...
  A: Often times, a swelling or a bloating can be a symptom of an illness. Your best bet would be to ...
Bull frog?12/1/2008Nicole
  Q: I got my frog as a tadpole at a petshop and it lived peacefully in my freshwater fish tank. it did ...
  A: Well, from the description that you have given me, it sounds like you have either a bullfrog or a ...
dumpy tree frog5/30/2008michael
  Q: I have 2 dumpy tree frogs for about 3 weeks now. Today when I came home from work one was upside ...
  A: Vets try to stay away from exotic animals because most of them are not trained properly in the field ...
Red Eared Slider eggs5/28/2008michael
  Q: I have 3 Red eared slider turtles in a 175 gallon tank. I have one male and two female. My females ...
  A: There is no way to tell witch female is laying the eggs unless you see her. And yes there is a way ...
packman frog5/19/2008michael
  Q: If not could you tell me what pet would be best for a 10 gallon tank. also about red belly frogs
  A: You do not feed packman frogs mice, you feed them crickets and worms. I know you have wanted one ...
whites tree frogs5/6/2008michael
  Q: I have a frog that has a swollen left foot(ie hind leg) it has been swolen for 1 1/2 weeks and last ...
  A: I have never heard of this. Has he been able to jump around ok? Also what are you feeding him? if ...

Page:    1 

Amphibian