I have a green tree frog which I have kept successfully since Sept. He eats 3 crickets every other day. He is so precious, and I love him dearly. I have him in a terrarium with natural moss, ivy and I put on a 75 watt lamp in the daytime. I wonder if I could start putting him nearer to a window to get natural sunshine instead of the lamp. Would that be better for him than a lamp? Any other info you could offer would help. Thanks in advance.

Patricia, When it gets warmer take him outside if you want him to use the sun abit from time to time. The window filters out all your UV rays!!!!! So unless he is actually outside do not take the light off of him ever. You have to keep his ambient temperature constant. Good Luck, Tina

Tina Beatty-Quiao

I can answer anything about the best habitat for them. Care and feeding. Possible disease. (very rare very risilient creatures) Newts,chinese ,japenese firebellies and frogs. What can live with them and handling. Even if you have questions regarding salamanders or frogs in your pond ask me.

About 15 yrs in the pet care industry. Deal with this on almost a daily basis...not the most common of

Besides tons and years of experience.....I have a college background in biology and chemistry.