Ancient Languages/pronunciation

Hi. I'm just wondering the pronunciation of  πάντα ερώτα. It took me a while to finally get the right translation, I'm just wondering how to say it.

here below you can read the pronunciation of πάντα ερώτα which is a part of a quotation attributed to Euripides (484 BC-406 BC), though such a phrase is a so-called “unsourced quote”, i.e. “a quote whose sources are not sufficiently specific to allow reasonable verification”.

In fact, we don’t know the tragedy  or the fragmentary play where Euripides, the last of the three great tragedians of classical Athens, wrote such a sentence.

-πάντ is pronounced like  PANT  in “PANTomime” where the A sounds as the A of “father” and  the stress falls on this A, i.e. the alpha (ά )
-α  is pronounced like the A in “father”

-ερ is pronounced like the ER in “ERrant”
-ώτ is pronounced like the OT in “OTorhinolaryngology”. The accents stands on this syllable.
-α is pronounced like the  in “father”

Please note that -“Πάντα  ερώτα, μάνθανε τι, μηδέν αποκρίνου “ is the complete quote transliterated as “ Pánta erôta, mánthane ti, medčn apokrínou” meaning “Ask everything, learn something, exclude nothing”.

Best regards,

Ancient Languages

I am an expert in Latin & Ancient Greek Language and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: