Ancient Languages/adjective context

Hello! I was trying to figure something out. When referring to a person of great victory or will power, like Spartacus or Caesar, how would you describe them as "indomitable." I'm trying to determine if "indomitus" or "indomabilis" works in a person context; I don't want to be accidentally referring to a savage animal or something purely "wild." The sentence would translate to "I am Indomitable" (ego indomitus?).

Thank you! :)

the sentence "I am Indomitable" where the adjective  refers  to a  person of great victory or will power, like  Caesar,  translates as:”Invictus sum”,  where  the adjective INVICTUS in the nominative masculine singular  means “indomitable”/” invincible”, while SUM , which is the 1st.person singular of this verb, means “I am”.
Therefore "ego indomitus" is wrong as it would mean "I indomitable" that makes no sense at all.

Note that Latin does not use the personal pronoun “Ego”as well as the other personal pronouns simply because they are  implied in the verb that changes ending according to the different pronouns.
For example: SUM means "I am", ES means “you are”, EST means “he/she/it is”, SUMUS means “we are”,  ESTIS means “you are” related to many persons, and  SUNT means “they are”.

As for the adjectives "indomitus"  and  "indomabilis”, they both usually do not work in a person context as they mean “untamable”/ “ungovernable”/“wild" /”fierce” especially related to a savage animal.

Finally I have to tell you that "indomitable" translates as INVICTUS when referring to a male person which is the subject of a sentence, whereas it translates as INVICTA  when referring to a female person.
Latin in fact is an inflected language where the adjectives agree with the noun they refer to, differently from English where there is no agreement of the adjectives with the nouns.

Hope this can be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Ancient Languages

I am an expert in Latin & Ancient Greek Language and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: