Ancient Languages/Michelangelo

I love Michelangelo Buonarotti and am in search for quotes of his including the Latin translations.  Also, how can I start learning more about your expertise, for I am interested in the  Latin, mostly, as well as other arts.

here are some quotations from Michelangelo Buonarroti as well as their translation into English and Latin:

-“Puoi comprare il mio tempo, ma non la mia mente”(original Italian text), i.e.“You can buy my time, but not my mind”  in English, and “Meum potes emere tempus, non mentem” in Latin.

-“Ancora imparo”(original Italian text), i.e. “I am still learning” in English, and “Semper disco” in Latin.

-"La vera opera d'arte non è che un'ombra della perfezione divina "( original Italian text),  i.e. “The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection” in English, and  “Nihil perfectum artis opus est nisi divinae perfectionis umbra” in Latin.

As for how you can learn Latin, please note that  learning classical Latin requires many years of deep study.

Best regards,

Ancient Languages

I am an expert in Latin & Ancient Greek Language and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: