Ancient Languages/Phrase Translation

Question
Hello,

I am looking for a translation to include on my email both at home and at work. I have use the word "now" quite a bit as motivation so if there is a translation in lation for "Now" or "Live Now" I'd appreciate your assistance. I realize that most people would simply use "carpe diem" however I was hoping for something a little less common if it exists.

Best regards,

Andrea

Answer
Hello,

if you want to say "Now" or "Live Now" in Latin just to point out that  you want  to seize the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future, as we read in Horace’s Odes, Book 1, ode 11, line 8, where the Roman poet (65BC- 8 BC) wrote “Carpe diem”(seize the day) to  invite a girl to enjoy life as long as it's possible, you can use the following phrases:

-Hic et nunc” (literally, “Here and now”)
or:
-“Hodie vive” as well as “Hodiernum vive diem” (literally, “Live today”).

So, you can choose the phrase you like best, as they all are correct.

Read more below.

Best regards,
Maria
_____________________________________________________________________
Note that:

-HIC =here
-ET =and
-NUNC  = now

-HODIE or HODIERNUM DIEM = today
-VIVE (2nd.person singular, present imperative of VIVO, I live)= live

Ancient Languages

Maria