Ancient Languages/translation of english saying into latin

Hello Maria,
I am an artist from the UK who as been asked to design a mural for a spiritual shop.
However i have run into a problem they have asked for the phrase " live for the moment, discover the memories" translated into Latin...
i have been on many translation sites but to no avail.
As i have now got 3 different translations to the saying please can you help me..
many thanks for your time

I think that the best Latin translation for "Live for the moment,discover the memories" in the sense that we must  enjoy life in the present, without thinking of the years to come, as well as we must discover and retain our memories, is  the following:

“Carpe diem memoriasque serva”
(literally, "Seize the day and discover the memories").

Note that “Carpe diem” is a quotation from Horace, Odes, Book 1, ode 11, line 8 where we read :"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero"[literally, "Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow"].
In this ode in fact Horace [great Latin lyric poet born 65 BC, died 8 BC.]  is speaking to  a girl, Leuconoe, and calls upon her  to enjoy life as long as it's possible.

If however you want to emphasize that “Live for the moment” means “Live now”/”Live in the present”/ "Live today", you could say also:

“Vive hodie, memorias serva”
[which is just the literal translation of “Live for the moment,discover the memories”].

[See below for grammatical analysis].

Best regards,

-Live = VIVE (2nd.person singular, imperative of  VIVO, I live) or CARPE (2nd.person singular, imperative of  CARPO, I seize)

-for the moment =HODIE (adverb) or DIEM (accusative case of DIES, meaning “the day” as “Carpe diem means “Seize the day)

-discover =SERVA (2nd.person singular, imperative of  the verb  SERVO which conveys either the meaning “discover” or “retain”)

-the memories =MEMORIAS (direct object, accusative plural of MEMORIA, 1st.declension).Please note that in MEMORIASQUE there is the enclitic conjunction -QUE (and) attached to MEMORIAS.

Finally I have to tell you that Latin word order can be variable as a Latin is an inflected language where synctatic relationships are indicated by the endings, not by the order of the words.

Ancient Languages

I am an expert in Latin & Ancient Greek Language and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: