Ancient Languages/Latin translation

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could translate the phrase:
"Love life, regret nothing" into latin?

Thanks so much

the phrase “Love life, regret nothing” can be translated as follows, according to the meaning of the verb  “to regret”:

-“Vitam ama,  nihil desidera!” as well as  “Vitam ama, noli quicquam desiderare! “, if the imperative “Regret ” is used in the sense that you don’t  feel regret for anything, such as e.g. a lost opportunity, as the Latin verb “desiderare” is used with predominant idea of lacking/wanting/ missing something

-“Vitam ama, nihil te paeniteat !”, if the imperative “Regret” is used in the sense that you have nothing to repent of, such as e.g. a deplorable action/ behaviour.

So, you must choose the translation that is more appropriate for your purpose.

Read more below.

Best regards,

Note that:

-Love = AMA (2nd.person singular, imperative of AMO, I love)

-life =VITAM (direct object, accusative of VITA, 1st.declension)

-Regret = DESIDERA (2nd.person singular, imperative of DESIDERO, I regret) or NOLI.....DESIDERARE (negative imperative, 2nd.person singular) or finally TE PAENITEAT (hortatory subjunctive of  the impersonal verb “Paenitet”)

-nothing = NIHIL ((accusative neuter singular) or QUICQUAM (accusative neuter singular of the pronoun QUISQUAM equivalent to "anyone/anything" in a negative phrase).

As you can see, Latin word order can be different from English.

Ancient Languages

I am an expert in Latin & Ancient Greek Language and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: