Ancient Languages/Latin to English translation

What is the meaning of, " quod peto hic est, est Ulubris" ?
Thank you for helping ...

“Quod peto hic est, est Ulubris” literally means:”What I seek is here, at Ulubrae”, that is to say:”What I am seeking is here, in this remote place”, since Ulubrae was a small town of Latium, now Cisterna di Latina, not so far from Rome,Italy.

In short - since this line is an adaptation of a quotation from Horace who in his Epistles (book I, epistle 11, lines 30-31) says exactly :” Quod petis, hic est, est Ulubris, animus si te non deficit aequus” literally meaning: ”What you seek, is here, at Ulubrae, if the calm mind does not fail you”,i.e.”That which you are seeking is here, at Ulubrae, in this remote place, if only you have a calm mind” – the Roman poet Horace (65 BC-8 BC) tells a wanderer friend that whatever he is seeking is there, in the remote small town named Ulubrae where he himself is right then.

To conclude, “Quod peto hic est, est Ulubris” ("What I seek is here, at Ulubrae”) wants to indicate  that this person has found his peace of mind in a remote place, just like Horace at Ulubrae, a small remote  town.

Hope this is clear enough.

Best regards
Note that:

-QUOD  (relative neuter pronoun) = what

-PETO (1st.person singular present indicative) = I seek.
Horace uses PETIS (you seek) in the 2nd.person singular as he is addressing to a friend.

-HIC (adverb) =here

-EST (3rd,person singular, present indicative of SUM , I am)= is

-ULUBRIS (ablative of place of the plural name ULUBRAE, 1st.declension)= at Ulubrae

Ancient Languages

I am an expert in Latin & Ancient Greek Language and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: