Ancient Languages/Roosevelt quote translation to Latin

I would like to translate a phrase into Latin from English (this is intended for a wedding present as I would like to engrave so I would like expert rather than on-line translators)

The phrase is 'nothing worth having comes easy'

(I have seen alterations such as nothing precious comes easy, or nothing of importance comes easy, but I would much prefer the original quote based on Roosevelt as closely translated if possible.

Thank you for taking the time to translate!!

'Nothing worth having comes easy' translates correctly into Latin as follows:

1)“Nihil dignum evenit facile” or  “Nihil dignum facile evenit” (with a different word order which in Latin can be variable)

2)“Nihil digni evenit facile”  or “Nihil digni facile evenit” (with a different word order which in Latin can be variable)

All the above mentioned translations are correct and then you can choose the one you like best.

Note that:

-Nothing = NIHIL (pronoun in the nominative neuter)

-worth having = DIGNUM ( adjective in the neuter singular agreeing with NIHIL) or DIGNI (adjective in the genitive singular depending on NIHIL)

-comes = EVENIT ( (3rd.person singular, present indicative of the verb EVENIO). Latin uses EVENIT (literally, “happens”) instead of VENIT (literally, “comes”) because EVENIT better reflects the sense of the sentence.

-easy =FACILE (adverb)

Best regards,

Latin  is an inflected language  where syntactical relationships are indicated by the endings of each term, not by the order of the words.
Latin in fact differs from English in having more freedom in the arrangement of words for the purpose of showing the relative importance of the ideas in a sentence.

In short, word order in Latin differs from languages like English because a reader or listener who knows Latin grammar  and syntax can  easily discern the case of a word or the mood and tense of a verb.  Therefore it is not necessary to adhere to a strictly defined order.  

Ancient Languages

I am an expert in Latin & Ancient Greek Language and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: