Ancient Languages/Latin translation

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
I have need of a translation, and I promise it's not homework or a tatoo. :) I want to honor a female friend who loves latin. Her dog's name is Corvus, and I had to learn some latin to keep up with her garden.
You already answered part of it, which is "second to none". How would I use that with her name? "Kaylie, you are second to none". What I truly want to say is "Anam cara, you are second to none in all eternity", but if that is too much or too personal then the shorter translation is fine.
Thank you for any help you can give me. Your effort is truly appreciated.

Tim

ANSWER: Hello,

your sentence can be translated as follows:

”Nulli es in aeternum secunda, amica carissima”
(literally, “Dearest female friend, you are second to none in all eternity”).

Please note that the name “Kaylie” has no translation into Latin and then it is appropriate to use “amica carissima” (Dearest female friend) instead of the name “Kaylie”.

As for “Anam”, it does not exist at all in Latin.

Read more below.

Best regards,

Maria
___________________________________________________________
Note that:

-Dearest =CARISSIMA (superlative feminine, vocative case of the adjective CARUS agreeing with AMICA)

-female friend = AMICA (vocative case, feminine noun, 1st declension)

-you are =ES (2nd person singular, present indicative of SUM)

-second = SECUNDA ( nominative case, predicate adjective in the feminine)

-to none =NULLI (dative singular  of the pronoun  NULLUS)

-in all eternity =IN AETERNUM

As you can see, Latin word order is different from English because Latin is an inflected language where grammatical relationships are indicated by the ending of each word, not by their order.

QUESTION: Hi Maria,

Thanks so much for the translation. I should have thought of giving you this in my first request. Anam cara translates as "friend of my soul", in the sense of friend rather than the love that soul mate implies.
When you have the time, can you give me a translation for this?:
"Friend of my soul, there are none like you in all eternity".
Thanks so much for your time and effort.

Tim

Answer
Hello,

first of all I have to tell you that “Anam ” makes no sense in Latin where “Anam” does not exist at all, as I’ve already said.

Maybe you wanted to use the noun “anima” meaning “soul”.

Anyway, the sentence "Friend of my soul, there is no one like you in all eternity” translates as follow:

“Animae dimidium  meae ,  nemo in omni  aeternitate  similis est tui”.

Read more below.

Best,

Maria
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Note that:

-Friend = DIMIDIUM . Latin uses DIMIDIUM(literally, “halph”) to say “friend” when “friend” is followed by “of my soul” just to express “the sense of friend rather than the love that soul mate implies”.

-of my = MEAE (genitive feminine singular of the possessive MEUS agreeing with ANIMAE)

-soul =ANIMAE (genitive singular of the feminine noun ANIMA, 1st declension)

-there is =EST (3rd person singular, present indicative of SUM)

-no one = NEMO (nominative case, indefinite pronoun)

-like =SIMILIS (adjective which takes the genitive case)

-you =TUI (genitive of the 2nd person pronoun)

-in all =IN OMNI (ablative of OMNIS)

-eternity =AETERNITATE (ablative of AETERNITAS, 3rd declension)

Ancient Languages

Maria