Ancient Languages/Latin translation - 'So Many Tears'

Hi Maria - you kindly provided me with a translation many years ago and I wonder if you could do the same again. I am interested in the Latin translation - if there is such a translation - for the phrase 'So Many Tears'.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Glad to help you again.

“So many tears” translates as “Tam multae lacrimae” in the nominative case when used as a subject.

If on the contrary you want to say:”I shed so many tears”, you must translate it as “Tam multas effudi lacrimas” where “tam multas ...lacrimas” is in the accusative case as  a direct object.

Read more below.

Best regards,

Note that :

-So = TAM (adverb)
-many =MULTAE (nominative feminine plural of the adjective MULTUS agreeing with LACRIMAE)
-tears =LACRIMAE (nominative plural of the feminine noun LACRIMA, 1st declension)

-I shed = EFFUDI (1st person singular, past tense of EFFUNDO)
-so = TAM (adverb)
-many =MULTAS (accusative feminine plural of the adjective MULTUS agreeing with LACRIMAS)
-tears =LACRIMAS (direct object, accusative  plural of the feminine noun LACRIMA, 1st declension).

As you can see, Latin word order can be different from English because Latin is an inflected language where grammatical relationships are indicated by the ending of each word, not by their order.

Ancient Languages

I am an expert in Latin & Ancient Greek Language and I'll be glad to answer any questions concerning this matter.

Over 25 years teaching experience.

I received my Ph.D. in Classics (summa cum laude) from Genova University (Italy).

This expert accepts donations: