Ancient Languages/Latin Grammar

Question
Hi, about the phrase "Disce Quasi Semper Victurus, Vive Quasi Cras Moriturus"
1) Should any of the words begin with a capital alphabet?; and
2) Is the comma in the middle of the sentence grammatically correct?
Thank you.

Answer
Hello,

in Latin you must write “Disce quasi semper victurus, vive quasi cras moriturus" meaning "Learn as if you were about to live forever, live as if you were about to die tomorrow” or “Learn as if you were going to live forever, live as if you were going to die tomorrow”.
Please note that:

1)Latin uses the capital letter  only at the beginning of the sentence and then writes "Disce", whereas the first letter of the  other words  begin with small letters.

2)the comma in the middle of the sentence is grammatically correct, since it ​separates the two ​parts of this ​sentence ​showing a ​slight ​pause.

Lastly note that this sentence has been used as a motto of "The Notre Dame Scholastic",  University of  Notre Dame's Student Magazine (South Bend, Indiana),founded in 1867.

Best regards,
Maria
_____________________________________________________________________
Note that:

-DISCE (2nd person singular, present imperative of the verb DISCO) = learn

-QUASI (conjunction) = as if

-SEMPER (adverb) = forever

-VICTURUS (active periphrastic, future participle of the verb VIVO) = you were going to live / you were about to live)

-VIVE (2nd person singular, present imperative of the verb  VIVO) = live

-QUASI (conjunction)= as if

-CRAS (adverb) = tomorrow

-MORITURUS ((active periphrastic, future participle of the verb MORIOR) = you were going to die / you were about to die)  

Ancient Languages

Maria