Andy Griffith/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Opie's Haircut7/20/2012Joy
  Q: Was Opie ever seen getting his hair cut at Floyd's
  A: Off of the top of my head, I know that "The Bookie Barber" shows Opie in the chair getting a ...
Buying Chocalates at Downy's7/19/2012Joy
  Q: In the episode " Goober and the Art of Love " where Andy and Barney were trying to get Goober fixed ...
  A: You are right in that I also don't recall anyone on TAGS referring to Downey's before. The thing ...
Barney calling Andy "Mike"7/15/2012Joy
  Q: Why did Barney call Andy "Mike" when he got drunk on the episode he gave the governor's car a ticket ...
  A: I thought perhaps this to be a reference to a term, slang, trendy word or something to that effect ...
andy griffin7/5/2012Joy
  Q: how did sheriff andy taylor and opie mama die. how old was opie when his mama died.
  A: The Pilot Episode for The Andy Griffith Show which actually aired on the Danny Thomas Show: Make ...
Andy's daughter7/3/2012Joy
  Q: I thought Andy had a daughter named Michele or Melissa Griffith.. She's an actress...Years ago she ...
  A: I've not heard this before- I'm researching this right now. In the meantime is there any chance you ...
andy griffith7/2/2012Joy
  Q: In the class reunion episode that originally aired Feb. 4, 1963, Andy's girlfriend was played by ...
  A: You are not the only one of the many TAGS fans wondering this same thing. Betty Lynn and Peggy McCay ...
How many fish?6/21/2012Joy
  Q: How many fish are on oppy's stringer in biggining of the show?
  A: Can you tell me which episode you are speaking of? The opening scene/credits do not have Opie with a ...
Episode Q *Opie and his merry men*3/25/2012Joy
  Q: On the Andy Griffith show there was an episode where a drifter or hobo explains at length to Andy ...
  A: The episode you are talking about is from episode 12 of season 4 called, "Opie and his merry men." ...
TAGS extra9/2/2011Joy
  Q: Joy! There is a woman who appears in many episodes as an extra. She is petite with blondish, curly ...
  A: There are three woman that Andy greets by name in that TAGS episode. First an elderly woman, Miss ...
One of the extras6/2/2011Joy
  Q: I've been watching TAGS for over 50 years and there is a character, or should I say an extra, that ...
  A: -) IF you are talking about the man who's picture I have attached to this question-- your answer ...
The Andy Griffith Show4/4/2011Joy
  Q: For over a year I have been watching TAGS on TV Land week day afternoons but today it was not on. ...
  A: TAGS is still being shown on TV Land. If you go to this link it should always be the current ...
notary3/22/2011Joy
  Q: What was the notary's name and where was she when Otis needed a paper notarized? Please be ...
  A: Barney told Otis to go to the bank, and have Mary Pleasants take care of the form because she was ...
the rowboat3/21/2011Joy
  Q: what did Emma always complain about
  A: In the episode I believe you are referring to where a leaky rowboat was used to catch an escaped ...
andy griffiths wife2/19/2011Joy
  Q: what was her name and how and when did she die?
Andy's love interests2/16/2011Joy
  Q: Who was the actress that played the "skeet shooter" that humbled Andy? Smart, skilled, AND pretty - ...
  A: The episode you are referring to is titled, "The perfect female" and originally aired November 27, ...
the lucky letter and car on Barney's foot2/11/2011Joy
  Q: In "The Lucky Letter" episode Barney gets his foot run over by a man in a truck. Barney identifies ...
  A: The character's name is Norbert. I do not know who played the brief scene. The thing about TAGs is ...
Guitar player on Andy Griffith2/4/2011Joy
  Q: Did James Best do his own guitar playing on Andy Griffith Show?
  A: According to Mayberry FAQ: "James did NOT play his own songs. James can't play a guitar. James has ...
Rafe Hollister1/4/2011Joy
  Q: In the episode "Rafe Hollister Sings" is Rafe singing?
  A: Yes- Jack Prince, who played Rafe Hollister (as well as a a couple of other characters on The Andy ...
Name of show12/17/2010Joy
  Q: My teenage son has grown up watching TAGS and asked.. Why is his name Andy Taylor on the show. Any ...
  A: Good question. At that time in television (and even still to date) it was not unheard of to simply ...
Barney leaving show12/6/2010Joy
  Q: What was the real reason for Don Knotts (Barney) leaving the show? Did the ratings drop at that time ...
  A: The reason Knotts left TAGS was simply because he and Griffith had always believed that the series ...
andys wife11/24/2010Joy
  Q: what was her name? or did they say her name.
  A: The only information that is available concerning Andy's first wife (Opie's Mother) is the ...
FRANCES BAVIER11/2/2010Joy
  Q: DO YOU KNOW THE NAME OF THE SITCOM FRANCES BAVIER PLAYED ON BEFORE"TAGS"? I AM SIXTY YEARS OLD AND ...
  A: Well you are correct in that Frances Bavier was on a sit-com prior to TAGS. Actually she was on a ...
Andy Griffith10/29/2010Joy
  Q: What boots did Andy Griffith wear. Can they still be obtained?
  A: There has been varied talk in the TAGS circles about the type of boot that Andy Griffith wore on the ...
Francis Bavier's picture10/5/2010Joy
  Q: I read in some book that in (several) episodes of TAGS, a careful viewer can catch a glimpse of a ...
  A: Well, there is information out there that says that an early publicity photo of Frances Bavier is in ...
Ellie, the lady druggist9/26/2010Joy
  Q: Did they ever mention Ellie's leaving Mayberry? I've never seen an episode where she leaves.
  A: You are correct-- there was no mention of it because it wasn't 'planned' for character Ellie Walker ...
Andy Griffith smoking8/3/2010Joy
  Q: I have asked this question before, so if you have answered it already, please excuse this. My ...
  A: Well, as you stated Andy Griffith (as Andy Taylor) did smoke from time-to-time on TAGS. And he was ...
Andy's wife7/23/2010Joy
  Q: What happened to Andy's wife and Opy's mom?
  A: I have answered this question within the AllExperts Database. You can find the information you are ...
Barnie's middle name?6/19/2010Joy
  Q: I have heard "Bernard P. Fife" in several episodes, but don't remember hearing what the P stands ...
  A: Well, answering the question as to what Barney's middle name is isn't as simple as that. Not only ...
Banner Seen in Street Shot6/5/2010Joy
  Q: In the first season episode "Christmas Story" there is some sort of banner on a building across the ...
  A: Well, I have watched, stopped, rewound, fast-forward, paused and started all over again each time ...
Andy Griffith Blond Chorus Member5/2/2010Joy
  Q: Who is the blond chorus member on The Andy Griffith Show? She's quite noticeable and a bit out of ...
  A: The actress you are referring to is Renee Aubry. Along with the choir of TAGS she had a few other ...
Joy Ellison1/31/2010Joy
  Q: is iris, arnold's date for his 13th birthday party, the same girl who played in the episode when mr ...
  A: Yes- you are correct. Joy Ellison played all of the characters you mention and a few more! She ...
Andy and Helen Marriage1/16/2010Joy
  Q: I've heard there is an episode where Andy and Helen get married. Can you tell me which ...
  A: The episode you are looking for is not really on "The Andy Griffith Show" but takes place on the ...
Charlene12/23/2009Joy
  Q: In the episode "The Darling Baby" (1964), Charlene sings with the boys. Is she really singing, or ...
  A: Yes that is Maggie Peterson's voice. She grew up with music as part of her family background, so ...
Ernest T Bass12/23/2009Joy
  Q: Did Ernest T ever have a girlfriend names Hogetta on the show?
  A: The answer you are looking for can be found in the episode titled, "My fair Ernest T. Bass" from ...
Barney jumping rope11/14/2009Joy
  Q: In which episode did Barney jump rope to the "My mother, your mother lives across the way" song?
  A: The episode you are asking about is called, "The Haunted House" Season 4/Episode 2. Barney wants ...
court bailet11/5/2009Joy
  Q: What is the name of the court bailet that Barney would pick on? He was a old man character.
  A: Can you give me a little more here? I'm not sure who you are referring to. A Court Bailet? Can you ...
Andy and Helen Getting Engaged10/25/2009Joy
  Q: I have heard it mentioned in the Episode "Helen, the Authoress" (season 7) that Andy and Helen were ...
  A: You are correct that the first time we actually hear that Helen and Andy are engaged is nearly ...
aunt bea's clothes10/21/2009Joy
  Q: who made aunt bea's clothes for her on the show?? were they her own, and if not name the seamstress
  A: According to credits, the following people were responsible for the wardrobe on TAGS (except for ...
Tracks?10/19/2009Joy
  Q: In the episode "Aunt Bea gets a job", at the end, when Andy and Warren make the arrest, am I seeing ...
  A: Good eye! It is, indeed a trolley track that occupied the 40 acre lot where TAGS (along with tons of ...
Andy Taylor and Jonah10/14/2009Joy
  Q: I remember Andy joking with Opie about what a great fisherman Jonah of the Old Testament was. ...
  A: That conversation is in the opening scene of "Opie's Rival" Season Three/Episode Ten. Opie and Andy ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4   |  Next       All

Andy Griffith