Andy Griffith/hootie hoo

Question
what is the episode where Gomer says to Barney... You yell chicka chee and I will yell hootie hoo and Barney says you just say hey Barn and I will say hey Gome?

Answer
Hi Scott,

The episode you are referring to was called, "Andy's Vacation" and originally aired on March 9, 1964 (Episode 22 of Season 4).

During this airing Andy has taken a vacation and is camping in the woods/mountain area alone. He has left Barney and Temp-Deputy Gomer in charge.

The part in the show you are talking about is when Barney and Gomer are looking for a convict that escaped while in their custody and Gomer suggests they each use 'signals' to alert the other one.

Hope this helps!
Joy

Andy Griffith

Joy