Anesthesiology/Possible rash from anesthesia...

Laurie wrote at 2012-08-21 00:25:03

I too have just had surgery on Friday the 17th of August 2012, and on Saturday I developed a rashe on the side of my mouth, my left arm and a few spots on my right arm. I have never had this happen before with surgeries and I have had many.  

Lucy wrote at 2013-04-03 23:07:57
My father had shoulder surgery last year and two days afterwards started developing a rash.  It started around his neck and then worked its way down his chest.  No one seems to know exactly what caused it. A topical cream helped with the itch.

This year, my father had the other shoulder done and oh my, he same rash has appeared. Again no one seems to know what is causing it but it appeared two days after the surgery.  he is taking anti-inflammatories for the surgical procedure but the rash continues. His family doctor is stumped. His surgeon will see him in a couple of days but we feel it's related to the anaesthetic. What else could it be??  

T wrote at 2015-01-16 15:25:28
I don't have an answer for you but I can tell you in the past two years I have had multiple surgeries and EVERY time have broken out all over my torso anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks after surgery.  Not sure what causes it but I believe it has to be related.  Either the medicine or the anesthesia.  not sure.  

Mike MacKinnon MSN FNP-C CRNA

I am a former Trauma Flight RN now a Family Nurse Practitioner and a Nurse Anesthetist (CRNAs). I can help answer questions on the CRNA profession and clinical anesthesia. I work full time as an independent practice CRNA and have a special interest in regional anesthesia, particularly peripheral nerve blocks. I also teach ultrasound regional anesthesia and lecture all over the country. If I do not know the answer, I will find it for you.

I am a Family Nurse Practitioner and a Nurse Anesthetist who works as an independent/autonomous practitioner. There are often questions about my profession and I would like to offer the service of an actual CRNA. If you did not know, there are about 40000 of us which equates to 50% of the anesthesia providers in the USA today. I also lecture and teach ultrasound regional anesthesia all over the country.

AANA (American Association of Nurse Anesthetists)
IARS (International Anesthesia Research Society) AANP (American Association of Nurse Practitioners)

Air Medical Transport Journal
OutPatient Surgery Magazine

Bachelors of Science in Nursing
Masters in Nursing
Family Nurse Practitioner
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)

Excellence in anesthesia education award