Anesthesiology/Stuttering after day surgery

Momof6 wrote at 2010-08-31 04:51:32
I did a google search to ask the same question!  My 3 year old daughter had tubes put in her ears this morning.  She spoke very clearly and without problems prior to today.  After surgery (10 - 15 minutes of anesthesia), she threw up a few times, then slept for about 6 hours.  Ever since she woke up, she's been stuttering and getting really frustrated - telling me she can't talk.  I'm also wondering if there is a connection to the anesthesia.

maggies.mom wrote at 2010-09-19 02:20:13
My 3 yr old went through a 30 minute surgery this past week.  After the surgery he is stuttering very badly.  How could these three cases be coincidence?

hipchic wrote at 2011-03-16 15:52:10
My Granddaughter is having the same situation. She had outpatient surgery for a boil. Now her great grandmother(a retired elementary school teacher) is saying that she is stuttering since the surgery.  

sarah wrote at 2013-03-01 19:19:00
We have the same problem from our 3 year old's 15 minute oral surgery. She did not stutter prior to the surgery, but since that day she has a stutter that impedes her communication significantly. I would love to know if this will pass, or if it is a known risk. The surgery was two weeks ago.

Anesthesiology

Mike MacKinnon MSN FNP-C CRNA