Anesthesiology/Anesthesia vs vertigo

Stephanie PT wrote at 2012-03-01 14:10:36
There is a test to tell if it's labyrinthitis or vestibular neuritis, called a VNG.  CHeck out www.vestibular.org.  If it's labyrinthitis, it's very treatable with physical therapy and you may be able to find a provider in your area.

go wrote at 2013-08-22 17:42:36
I had a violent vertigo episode three years ago and the vertigo is still with me today. After a number of Dr. visits, mixed diagnoses and an MI I went to see a specialist.  She put me through a series of tests which took approx. 4 hours.  Once the results came back she concluded that I had had a viral infection which attacked the inner ear causing irreversible damage. My situation has bettered, slightly, because the brain makes adjustments for the symptoms but I'm definitely not where I was prior to this.  My decision making process and concentration is the worst side effect for me.  My advice is to see a specialist and follow through with the exercises.

Anesthesiology

Rex Russell