Anesthesiology/Perception of time

DayDream wrote at 2013-02-18 19:02:25
Strange, the same happened to me too. I had some very very vivid dream. It was so beautiful I felt I never wanted to leave. I also found it extremely important and I even thought that I finally found the 'real' world. When I woke up I was still in the surgery room on the table with everyone in it. I was so confused. I tried to make a sense of what is happening, so in split second I came up with several ideas and sticked to one I believed was the truth. Which was that since the dream was so extremely real, this is all something like Matrix and I am waking up in the other world, where they found out I am on to them... so after I felt sorry for myself for a second I started to feel agitated and wanted to leave. Fortunately it all happened so fast, and another couple of second later I gave into the idea that this world is the real one and I am indeed in the hospital :D  

Rex Russell

Any question dealing with general anesthesia issues. With particular emphasis on regional anesthesia.

I am a board certified anesthesiologist, graduated from residency in 2004 from Johns Hopkins Hospital. I have since worked as an anesthesiologist first in the Air Force for three years and then most recently in Texas in Private Practice.

Texas Medical Association Texas society of Anesthesiologists American Society of Anesthesiologists

BS, BYU MD, U of Texas, Galveston Intern-St. Joe's Hospital, Phx, AZ Internal Medicine Residency-Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD