Anesthesiology/permanent blurred vision following anesthesia

Terri wrote at 2013-01-21 16:08:55
I had a panendoscopy a couple of years ago.  I was reading a paperback without glasses while waiting for the op and have not been able to read anything without glasses since.  I believe the sight problem was caused by the anaesthetic, particularly as the nurse said she had trouble waking me up (too much anaesthetic?). My eyes also water when I lay down and get extremely red and sore by the morning.  I have to avoid lying on my right side (my preferred side) as that eye waters the worst.  My opthalmologist said if the eyes were not closed properly during anaesthetic it can dry the eyes out and that problem is now permanent.

Anesthesiology

Mike MacKinnon MSN FNP-C CRNA