Anesthesiology/AP Classes?

I am a Sophomore in High School and I am highly interested in the career of Anesthesia. I was wondering if you think that taking AP classes would benefit me at all. If so, could you tell me which classes would be best and what you think would generally help me later on (as in when I get to college and medical school)? Thank you!

You are still very early in your process, so there are no specific AP courses that are better than others but AP courses, in general, are useful because they prepare you for college level work. As college is so competitive, that preparation will help you achieve better grades which will make you more competitive for medical school, etc. Any science courses will be helpful to you, but also take courses you enjoy.

Ronald Levy, MD
Professor of Anesthesiology

Ronald Levy, M.D.

Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. I am a board certified anesthesiologist who can answer all questions related to any type of Anesthesia with the exception of Pain Management.