Anesthesiology/anesthesia head cold

I have a cold with post nasal drip/congestion and cough.  I am scheduled for an endoscapy/colonoscopy tomorrow.  I will be under anesthesia.  Is this safe?

This is the most common answer I provide [repeatedly] on this forum, and is the one that applies to your question:  Specifics related to your care should be directed to YOUR anesthesiologist well prior to scheduled anesthesia.  Anesthesiology is the practice of medicine, which must be individualized, uniquely formulated for each individual and which must be formulated by questioning every patient with regard to that person's specific situation.  An internet forum does not and cannot provide that.

JM Starkman, MD

Over twenty-five years of adult and pediatric, inpatient and outpatient clinical anesthesia practice--some private, some group.

American Association of Physicians and Surgeons. My county medical society.

[not a researcher]

American medical school graduate. Board Certified. Fellowship trained Cardiovascular and Pediatric anesthesia subspecialist.

Over 20,000 anesthetics, the majority of which have been personally managed, with less than 5% consisting of supervising nurse anesthetists or in-training resident physicians.