Hi, I am a High school senior with a 3.4 Gpa and I wanted to know what should I do to become a CRNA? I am going to FGCU but I don't know if I should do the RN to BSN or not. Or should I do the BSN to MSN ? Then go to a CRNA program? Help the easiest and cheapest way would help . RN to BSN would mean I can work and go to school but I don't Know can I work as RN while going to school for my BSN or no?

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your inquiry.
My best advice to you is to first, finish high school, and if anesthesia is the route you eventually want to take, consider going to school for an RN, to even see if you like nursing, since the RN in CRNA is just that.  

Now, the schooling for RN can vary.  It can be the ADN route, the BSN route, or the MSN route.  All of which will be acceptable for entry into a master's program.  But, with the ADN route, you would also need a bachelor's degree for entry.  And that could be in the form of (usually) any hard science bachelors, such as chemistry or biochemistry, etc.  However, it would be entirely up to the programs (CRNA) that you were interested in, as to what is an acceptable bachelor's.  A BSN will suffice for every school in the country though.

What I would recommend, to get a wealth of knowledge, is to visit:, where you will find MANY answers to your questions.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Dino Kattato MSNA CRNA

Former ICU/ER RN with several years of experience. I can answer questions relating to the CRNA education process, professional issues involved, as well as questions about adult and pediatric clinical anesthesia.

Level I regional Trauma center dealing with simple to complex patient populations of all ages. Experience with general anesthesia, spinal and epidural anesthesia, and total IV anesthesia for all surgical specialties including neuro, ortho, general surgery, vascular, electrophysiology, and VIR, with the exception of cardiac anesthesia. Ambulatory surgery center dealing mostly with ENT, plastics, and eyes (70%:30% peds:adults).

AANA Journal February 2010 Feb;78(1):24-7.