Anesthesiology/Anesthesia Fright

Hello, I have an upcoming surgery. I am a little nervous about undergoing anesthesia. I have been medically cleared, is there anything I can do to keep calm. Also is there anything I can do to lessen any chance of complications.

By being assured that anesthesia is actually one of the safest areas of medicine and we have one of the lowest morbidity and mortality rates in medicine. There is nothing you can do to lessen the chances of complications but there is also no reason to suspect that you will have complications. If you have been medically cleared, then you should have no problem with the anesthetic.

Ronald Levy, MD
Professor of Anesthesiology

Ronald Levy, M.D.

Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. I am a board certified anesthesiologist who can answer all questions related to any type of Anesthesia with the exception of Pain Management.