Anesthesiology/numbness after surgery

Question
I had a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy procedure to remove a migrated iud. About 12 hours after surgery my arms and legs started getting numb, weak and tingly my legs feel like someone heavy is sitting on them and they are shaking whenever I try to stand or use my hands to eat. What is this from and why did it start hours after surgery?

Answer
I can't answer that question without looking at your anesthetic record and knowing more about your medical history but this does not sound like it is due to the anesthesia. If you are still having these symptoms, you should see your primary physician ASAP as this is likely due to another cause.

Ronald Levy, MD
Professor of Anesthesiology
UTMB-Galveston

Anesthesiology

Ronald Levy, M.D.