Anesthesiology/Can you tell me what this means?

A celebrity died while under anesthesia. The medical examiner said this person died of "  The death resulted from a predictable complication of medical therapy." What does that mean? I do know it doesn't mean homicide but I can't find an answer anywhere on the internet. Thank you.

"The death resulted from a predictable complication of medical therapy."  seems to be forensic pathology lingo, a medical specialty with which I am not all that familiar--esp its details.  So, perhaps your question is better directed at an individual here on AllExperts with that expertise.  I can tell you that any medical intervention has risks, and that it is a patient's responsibility to investigate and accept those risks prior to proceeding with any medical anything.  Ask questions and ask them of numerable sources.  (But don't ever ask a barber if you need a haircut!)

JM Starkman, MD

Over twenty-five years of adult and pediatric, inpatient and outpatient clinical anesthesia practice--some private, some group.

American Association of Physicians and Surgeons. My county medical society.

[not a researcher]

American medical school graduate. Board Certified. Fellowship trained Cardiovascular and Pediatric anesthesia subspecialist.

Over 20,000 anesthetics, the majority of which have been personally managed, with less than 5% consisting of supervising nurse anesthetists or in-training resident physicians.