Anesthesiology/Pre op considerations following SVT ablation

Question
I will be undergoing 5 hours of cosmetic surgery in 2 weeks. I have a history of SVT but had an ablation done May 2013. What special considerations if any are there as far as labs and EKG or anything. It is outpatient and anesthesia is performed by CRNA.

Answer
Special considerations with respect to 'labs':  A hemoglobin level to rule out anemia, a pregnancy test, if applicable, and possibly a test to assure your blood clots normally if you are taking any blood-thinning medication. Others, too, depending on a detailed medical history pertinent to anesthesia administration:  Did your CRNA take a detailed history and perform a pertinent physical examination?  

Special considerations with respect to 'EKG':  A current EKG should be reviewed and verified as stable without any acute/new changes especially insofar as your heart rhythm is concerned.  When you asked the CRNA who will be administering your anesthesia how he/she will manage it if your heart rhythm reverts to an SVT during the operation.....was the answer satisfactory to you?  Does the surgery center/doctor's office have a defibrillator to cardiovert you if necessary?  

Special considerations with respect to 'anything':  Who is the physician responsible for your care?  Is that physician ACLS certified? Anesthesiologists are, but not necessarily plastic or cosmetic surgeons.   Since you've chosen A CRNA to provide your anesthetic, why not ask these questions of a CRNA?  

Your special consideration is that of a patient with a history of a cardiac arrhythmia, which probably will not cause a problem if all has been stable following ablation IF THE PROPER ANESTHETICS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN AND PROPERLY ADMINISTERED.  Given the the number of details which may impact your anesthesia care and the number of possible variables undisclosed in your short question I would have this elective operation done in by a board-certified anesthesiologist in a center that has provided ample evidence that they're set up to handle a cardiac emergency.  

Anesthesiology

JM Starkman, MD

Over twenty-five years of adult and pediatric, inpatient and outpatient clinical anesthesia practice--some private, some group.

American Association of Physicians and Surgeons. My county medical society.

[not a researcher]

American medical school graduate. Board Certified. Fellowship trained Cardiovascular and Pediatric anesthesia subspecialist.

Over 20,000 anesthetics, the majority of which have been personally managed, with less than 5% consisting of supervising nurse anesthetists or in-training resident physicians.