Anesthesiology/Recommendations for cubital tunnel release

I have read about the four different types of anesthesia being utilized for CTR: general, regional via brachial plexus, Bier block, and local and understand the differences between each.  

Are there current guidelines as to which is advisable or not recommended?  In researching online, I found a very limited amount of information.

Thank you for your time.

There are no guidelines and each method has its advantages and disadvantages. In fact, there are several other regional options other than brachial plexus block. The best way to determine which is right for you is to discuss these options with your anesthesiologist.

Ronald Levy, MD
Professor of Anesthesiology

Ronald Levy, M.D.

Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. I am a board certified anesthesiologist who can answer all questions related to any type of Anesthesia with the exception of Pain Management.