Anesthesiology/Surgery while taking Nardil

I have been on Nardil for 6 months and I am extremely worried about going off the antidepressant for 10 days prior to surgery.  Nardil is finally working for me after 2 years of searching for the correct antidepressant.  Is it possible to work with an anesthesiologist in adjusting the sedation medicine so that I do not have to go off the Nardil?  Is there a pain medication that I can use after surgery?

You should have a preoperative evaluation by your anesthesiologist a couple of days prior to surgery. You can discuss your issues with him/her at that time and they can develop a plan with you that will allow you to continue on the Nardil.

Ronald Levy, MD
Professor of Anesthesiology

Ronald Levy, M.D.

Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. I am a board certified anesthesiologist who can answer all questions related to any type of Anesthesia with the exception of Pain Management.