Anesthesiology/surgery Thurs...

I don't want conscious sedation with it necessary for surgical tx of swan neck deformity of little finger?

Thank you for your question.

You can elect to forgo any sedation for this type of surgery because these types of procedures can readily be done with regional anesthesia. Ask your anesthesiologist to perform an axillary block for the surgery and to hold any intravenous sedation unless you request it. That way, you will be ready for discharge after the procedure much sooner than otherwise.

I hope this answers your question and that you will have a successful procedure and a rapid recovery.

Charles T Porter Jr MD

Questions in all fields of Anesthesiology except Pain Management.

I have been in the practice of Anesthesiology since 1981.

American Society of Anesthesiologists, International Anesthesia Research Society, Texas Society of Anesthesiologists, Texas Medical Association

Graduate of the Citadel and the Medical University of South Carolina. Completed Anesthesiology residency at the Naval Medical Center San Diego, California. Board certified in Anesthesiology and a Fellow of the American College of Anesthesiologists.

Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society 1978, Outstanding Graduate Anesthesiology Resident Naval Medical Center San Diego California