Anesthesiology/Allergic reaction

I woke from anesth. (Colon/endo) procedure) with an allergy, never before .they couldn't get my blood pressure Becuz of it

Woke with a severe attack of my RLS, *sneezing, runny nose,
Since *i cont. with it

A little off track, but treated for RLS doz years, most recently I am finding I will not
Be able to consume alcohol any more, I am fine if I don't drink, when I do , I get RLS in my torso very very badly

Any comment?

You don't provide many details but it doesn't sound like an allergy and certainly not to anesthesia. I don't know what you mean by RLS. If you mean Restless Leg syndrome, it is also not associated with anesthesia and there is nothing in anesthesia that would prevent you from drinking. Breakdown of alcohol is via the P450 system and this is not turned off by anesthesia. If you provide me with more details, I'll be happy to try to figure out what's going on.

Ronald Levy, MD
Professor of Anesthesiology

Ronald Levy, M.D.

Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. I am a board certified anesthesiologist who can answer all questions related to any type of Anesthesia with the exception of Pain Management.