Anesthesiology/Throat Swelling

With in 24 hours of a colonoscopy my throat swelled and I found it very uncomfortable to swallow - Is there any thing I can do for future procedures to warn the doctor to do something to the oxygen being giving me during the procedure - Dominic

Yes:  Get a copy of both the gastroenterologist's procedure record and the anesthesiologist's anesthesia record. Scan them and put them in your smart phone's medical record folder so you'll always have them available for review by doctors prior to future reference/procedures.  [P.S. I doubt it was the O2 that contributed to your symptoms.]

JM Starkman, MD

Over twenty-five years of adult and pediatric, inpatient and outpatient clinical anesthesia practice--some private, some group.

American Association of Physicians and Surgeons. My county medical society.

[not a researcher]

American medical school graduate. Board Certified. Fellowship trained Cardiovascular and Pediatric anesthesia subspecialist.

Over 20,000 anesthetics, the majority of which have been personally managed, with less than 5% consisting of supervising nurse anesthetists or in-training resident physicians.