Anesthesiology/Lidocaine/benzocaine

Question
Around a month ago I used some lidocaine topical spray on my penis it didn't seem to work  with numbing so tried benzocaine since then I've had a loss off sensation in my penis and testicles. I'm not sure what this could be the problem, there isn't another way I could of damaged anything so the only reason I can think is the topical benzocaine could this cause the loss of sensation for so long? Also if it can will it return to normal?

Answer
The medications you referenced  should not cause prolonged numbness, numbness after one month indicates that there is damage to the sensory nerves. This is likely to resolve over time on its own however, it depends on the kind of damage done as to whether you can expect a full recovery.
Nerves regenerate slowly after damages and so it can take up to a full year.
Best wishes
Dr Russell

Anesthesiology

Rex Russell