Angel/quotes

Question
Angel says something about "we live to show the world as it should be, to show it what it can be" or along those lines. Could you provide me with the real quote and what episode it is from? thanks.

Answer
Hi Ken,

The quote is from the Season 4 opener "Deep Down." Angel is giving his speech to Connor after 3 months at the bottom of the sea.
Here's a few great quotes from the episode- I just love the "Daddy's not finished talking" line! These are just before the quote your after.

Angel: (to Connor) So, how was your summer? Mine was fun. Saw some fish, went mad with hunger, hallucinated a whole bunch.

Connor: (upon learning that Angel didn't kill Holtz) You still deserved it.
Angel: What I deserve is open to debate. But understand, there's a difference between wishing vengeance on someone and taking it. So now the question becomes what do you deserve? (Connor attempts to escape and is thrown against the wall by Angel) Daddy's not finished talking. Wesley told me everything that's been going on, so as far as I'm concerned, what you deserve rests on one answer. Did you do something to Cordelia?
Connor: No.
Fred: He's lying.
Connor: No, I'm not.
Gunn: No way she just happened to disappear the same night.
Connor: I'm telling the truth, okay?
Angel: I know. I can tell. You've done enough lying for me to know the difference. The truth has a better sound to it. Less nasal, you know?

This is the 'Champions' quote you wanted;

Angel: What you did to me was unbelievable Connor. But then, I got stuck in a hell dimension by my girlfriend once for 100 years, so a few months under the ocean, it actually gave me perspective. Kind of an M.C. Escher perspective, but I did get time to think, about us, about the world. Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. That's why there's us. Champions. It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be. You're not a part of that yet. I hope you will be. I love you, Connor. Now get out of my house.
(Angel almost faints after Connor leaves)
Fred: Angel!
Angel: All that talking really takes it out of you.
Fred: You need rest.
Angel: I need Cordy, now. Wherever she is, whatever she's going through, we have to find her. (panning out to the sky)

Cordelia: (glowing) God, I am so bored.

I hope that has helped,

Yours H Louise.

Angel

H Louise