Anglicans/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
moral law1/9/2017The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: I have a question on the faith: Christianity is famous for its teaching on good morality. Praise God ...
  A: It is true that some early Christians tried to separate themselves from the non-Christian population ...
Ember Days12/7/2016Rev Steve Parish
  Q: Can you explain the reason for Ember days? I know they are a few days in Advent, during Lent, near ...
  A: There are no firm records of their origin or intent, only of their existence by the fifth century. ...
Church doors10/11/2016Rev Steve Parish
  Q: I've read that red church doors can mean anything from the mortgage is paid off, to it signifies the ...
  A: If green signifies anything in England it's simply that green is a favoured colour for doors and ...
origin of breath7/1/2016The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: My question revolves around God breathing life into us, as stated in Genesis 2:7. My interest is ...
  A: God breathed His own breath of life into man. Man is more than “dust” or physical substance. Man has ...
Banns6/11/2016The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: Please explain banns reading. I grew up in the United States, but I see on my parents marriage ...
  A: Publication of banns is a preliminary step for a church wedding in the Church of England and some ...
Elect of God4/22/2016Rev Steve Parish
  Q: What is the church's view on the elect of God? Is it Augustinian, whereby God is in control or is ...
  A: In its "historic formularies" the Church of England does not see man in control, though no doubt ...
Monarch in exile3/11/2016The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: You say that "mere diplomatic protest is not sufficient. It must be followed by a reference to an ...
  A: This was actually a quote from S. K. Verma, An Introduction to Public International Law, 2004, p. ...
Can one belong to two Anglican churches3/11/2016Rev Steve Parish
  Q: Can one be a member of more than one Church in the Anglican Communion? Thanks.
  A: As you don't have to do much to be a "member" of a church in the Communion the question may be ...
youth program manual1/5/2016The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: i am a youth worker in the Anglican church of in Vanuatu south west pacific,my question is not ...
  A: I see what you are trying to do and wish you well. I like the structure. I would suggest that for ...
Baby Baptism8/23/2015Rev Steve Parish
  Q: I understand the Bible never mentioned baby baptism, however in my Church( Anglican Church, ...
  A: There is not much in the Bible about dedication of children. There was no need as all children in ...
Baptism7/29/2015Rev Steve Parish
  Q: i just want to ask something about the baptism. Somewhere in the gospels Jesus said that Peter will ...
  A: Other than the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19) with its Trinitarian formula, baptisms in other New ...
providence5/24/2015Rev Steve Parish
  Q: I dont think I understand sin and divine providence. Is it that God does not CAUSE people to sin but ...
  A: There is more to it than that but it needs a book - or at least some trawling the net. From John ...
Human sacrifice4/5/2015Rev Steve Parish
  Q: Was Jesus' death a human sacrifice based on Romans 3:25 and Romans 5:6-11? Did God allow one human ...
  A: "Human sacrifice" is not an expression found in the Bible. Examples of child sacrifice are condemned ...
Anglicans8/22/2014The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: How do Anglicans differ from Episcopalians? Thank you!
  A: Essentially they are the same. The term "Episcopalians" is used in the United States and Scotland, ...
personel8/8/2014Rev Steve Parish
  Q: If so if you remember when 4 of us did a walk to raise money for the bradford fire appeal. Im afraid ...
  A: Sorry to hear that Neil. My condolences and prayers for all his family. I remember it well, ...
Am an Anglican who's been left confused after getting involved with a Elim Pentecostal church.5/11/2014John White
  Q: I was brought up in The Church Of England and though my parents were never regular church goers I ...
  A: I am very sorry that you have experienced pain as a result of your membership in a church. ...
Gods Work3/6/2014Chris Larimer
  Q: Did Jesus Christ ever say he was doing Gods work?
  A: First, we should be very clear about what we're asking. Jesus is God; that is his being. So anything ...
Esoteric Christianity1/31/2014The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: Is there an esoteric strain in the Episcopal church? Is the Trinity considered esoteric since it is ...
  A: There is little or no esoteric thought or practice, at least as the term is usually understood. The ...
Gods nudging a1/25/2014The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: I was raised catholic and then at age 19 sought a closer relationship with God. I joined a church ...
  A: Raul, we can rarely be sure that God is indeed speaking to us, but on the other hand nor can we say ...
hell1/24/2014The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: What about to Jesus what did he do and where did he go between his death and resurrection?
  A: The Apostle Peter makes reference to Jesus going to preach to those “imprisoned spirits” in 1 Peter ...
C of E Heirachy1/5/2014Rev Steve Parish
  Q: I'm reading the Barchester series of novels by Trollope which are full of Bishops, Archdeacons, ...
  A: In that period the bishop would often be absent in London (hoping perhaps for "preferment" to a more ...
Gods love11/23/2013Chris Larimer
  Q: John 15:10 states "If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my ...
  A: I'm not sure where you derived the definition of AGAPE as "love given by God to sinners whether it ...
Faith11/11/2013The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: How do you find Faith whilst drowning in a sea of doubt and scepticism? How can one accept things ...
  A: Doubt and scepticism are always dangers to faith. However there need not be direct conflict between, ...
theolgians11/9/2013The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: What is the Anglican view of medieval theologians such as Thomas Aquinas and other scholastics? I ...
  A: Thomas Aquinas and other scholatics are still read. I don't think that it would be true to say that ...
creed9/14/2013Chris Larimer
  Q: Pax! What does the term "Anglican creed" refer to?
  A: There is no specifically Anglican creed. Anglicans subscribe to the three creeds shared by ...
forgiveness8/7/2013The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: I am at a complete loss of understanding as to what forgiveness is. Allow me to explain: When God ...
  A: You ask a difficult question. God's foregiveness is different to ours, and the message in the Hebrew ...
Christmas8/1/2013The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: I am a member of Anglican Church in the Province of Melanesia. I just have one question here. Can ...
  A: Christmas is not referred to in the Bible for the simple reason that the word means the mass of ...
The book of Daniel7/30/2013John White
  Q: White. I am a member of the Anglican Church in Melanesia. I heard from the seventh day Adventist ...
  A: Your Seventh Day Adventist friend is obviously committed to his faith. I was a college roommate ...
The book of Daniel7/29/2013The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: I am an Anglican member. I would like if you can give a little explanation to the book of Daniel. ...
  A: The traditional Christian value of the Book of Daniel lay in its reference to "one like a Son of ...
SABBATH7/25/2013Rev Steve Parish
  Q: I am an Anglican member and I have few questions here. I understand that the council of laodicea has ...
  A: Canon 29 of the Council at Laodicea says, "Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, ...
Old Testament6/22/2013Rev Steve Parish
  Q: I can celebrate the message of love and hope as expressed throughout the New Testament but find it ...
  A: There are several ways to "square" this. They do depend on not regarding the Old Testament as ...
morality6/21/2013The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: Is it true that we should care about morality only because we believe in an after life,ie. heaven or ...
  A: I would say that morality is equally important whether or not there is an afterlife. Moral, immoral ...
Forgiveness4/23/2013Rev Steve Parish
  Q: Father, I have two questions here? 1- Is GOD ever get tired to forgive us? I mean if i asked for ...
  A: God never gets tired, of anything. In Matthew 18:21/22 Jesus sets a standard for human forgiveness, ...
demons/humans4/17/2013Rev Steve Parish
  Q: can humans be demons in some way
  A: There is a prior question of what a "demon" is. Usage in Greek mythology may or may not influence ...
Half a wafer during communion3/4/2013The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: Is there any spiritual significance to receiving half a wafer during communion on a Sunday during ...
  A: This is slightly problematic. Lent is a penitential season, hence fasting or abstenince is commonly ...
Soul2/15/2013Rev Steve Parish
  Q: I would like to ask about the Soul in Genesis, where it says that God breathed into Adams nostrils ...
  A: There's no consistent understanding of distinctions in the Bible between soul, spirit and life. So ...
The word GOD2/14/2013The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: I understand that the trinity teaches that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Ghost) are tree ...
  A: The use of the word Yahweh or Jehovah for God is of course the Old Testament usage. Although the ...
Justin Welby2/4/2013Rev Steve Parish
  Q: Can you explain the difference of being confirmed and enthroned as Archbishop of Cantebury. For ...
  A: As I understand these arcane processes (nomination, election, confirmation) the legal necessities ...
an uneasy question1/28/2013The Reverend Professor Noel Cox
  Q: Why should I be alive and live here on earth? Should I just live in order just because I am here and ...
  A: Most of us question, from time to time, why we are on this earth, what the point of our existence ...
can a priest date1/23/2013John White
  Q: I am new to the church but have been called with such an intense force and truly have changed my ...
  A: In The Episcopal Church, it is a firm policy that a priest cannot date a parishioner in his/her ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Anglicans

The Reverend Professor Noel Cox

Top Expert on this page