Anglicans/theolgians

Question
Hi!
What is the Anglican view of medieval theologians such as Thomas Aquinas and other scholastics? I mean, do you Anglicans read and study them or do you just skip them because you think they are just too Catholic?

Answer
Thomas Aquinas and other scholatics are still read. I don't think that it would be true to say that any author would be avoided as "too catholic"; the Anglican position is that it is catholic and reformed, and therefore holding a "via media" between the excesses of protestantism and what were seen as the excesses of Rome (pre-Counter Reformation). All the ancient and mediaeval authors are still studied, and indeed most post-reformation catholic authors would also find a place in a well-stocked Anglican library.

Anglicans

The Reverend Professor Noel Cox