Anglicans/The book of Daniel

Question
Hi Reverend,
I am an Anglican member. I would like if you can give a little explanation to the book of Daniel. Some preachers in different denominations say that the vision of King Nebuchadnezzar is about the end of this world. In other words that it symbolized what will happen in the future and some of these things are happening now.
What is your view or what does Anglican studies say on this one?
Thank you

Answer
The traditional Christian value of the Book of Daniel lay in its reference to "one like a Son of Man" (Daniel 7:13). Many Christians today view Daniel's prophecy of a desolating sacrilege set up in the temple (Dan. 9:27, 11:31) as a prophetic allusion to a final tribulation immediately preceding. This is not however generally accepted. It is probably safer to say that the visions describe the national crisis that occurred under Antiochus IV Epiphanes - in ancient literature imagery was often used in this way to avoid offending the rulers of the day.

Anglicans

The Reverend Professor Noel Cox