Anglicans/Gods nudging a

Question
I was raised catholic and then at age 19 sought a closer relationship with God.

I joined a church called the Churches of Christ. We had several rules, no women allowed to speak in service, no instruments, no interfaith marriage. I left my first church due to the fact that I was spoken Ill of. I joined another church of the same group at 26. The church was a lot stricter, the previous one was more lax.

I left after I got tired of the level of hatred. After I left I lost faith in God, and became an atheist, a few months later I met a young women who I started to ask about. During this time I started to witness what I perceived as Gods promptings. I sensed via things in the natural and other believers to pray, have faith and be patient.

After many months I think I've been prompted to return to God. I also was asking God to reveal himself to me which he did. I've been praying lately for myself and the girl I met, for our salvation, and changing of hearts.

I guess my question, is, has all this been God acting in my life? I've never seen gisions, only hints through the natural.

Answer
Raul, we can rarely be sure that God is indeed speaking to us, but on the other hand nor can we say that He can't speak to us, directly, through others, or through things in our lives. I have had experiences myself where I have felt that God was telling me something, but couldn't be sure. Pray can sometimes help us tell whether we are truly reading God's will for us. Reflection also helps - you might like to try some spiritual direction also.  

Anglicans

The Reverend Professor Noel Cox