Anglicans/youth program manual

dear Rev,

i am a youth worker in the Anglican church of in Vanuatu south west pacific,my question is not really on any biblical subject, but i guess its more on seeking information on how to develop a manual on youth program.

this manual should feature three major areas; spiritual, social and lively hood(finances). activity materials should then be developed under these headings.

topics to cover under spiritual programs:
-exploring God's plan for one's life.
-pursuing God's plan in one's life
-case study on how God chose kids in the bible to be great leaders.
-importance/purpose of a family unit as the oldest institution God created.
-how to be a God fearing Youth.
-transition from teen to adulthood.
-other relevant topics would be appreciated.

-biblical perspective on
*climate change.
*high social problems
*rights vs obedience to God's word.
*substance abuse  other forms of abuses.
*developing healthy girl/boy relationship& others.

lively hood.
-how to be prosperous.
-tithing  giving.
-stewardship  other relevant topics.

i hope you understand what i am getting at. what i have presented here is the picture of what i intend to establish which to my view will be a huge blessing for my youth ministry.

my apologies, if the nature of what i have posted here is out of your area of responsibility, but it is my prayer that you can at least give me some pointers on where to go to with  this.

should there be any further questions on this please do let me know.

Peace & blessings,

Hello Smith,

I see what you are trying to do and wish you well. I like the structure. I would suggest that for livelihood you might consider adding something for helping other achieve success. For each topic I suppose it would be good to start with a short quotation from Scripture, and a brief account of what the Bible tells us on each issue. Then you could have an example of what it might mean for an individual (someone like your target audience), and then a guided section to be completed by your participants, with open and closed questions, sections to fill in etc.

I hope that this is of some assistance.

Noel Cox

The Reverend Professor Noel Cox

I can answer questions on theology, Anglican ecclesiology, and ecclesiastical and canon law.

I am a Professor of Law, and a barrister (advocate). I am a priest in the Diocese of St Davids, Wales. Formerly based in New Zealand, from 2010 I have been a Professor of Law (and until 2013 head of the law school) at Aberystwyth University, Wales. I am a Distinguished Academic Associate of the Centre for Law and Religion, Cardiff University.

Association of Lambeth Degree Holders; Australasian Law Teachers Association; Commonwealth Lawyers Association; Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans; Legal Research Foundation; The Australian and New Zealand Law and History Society; The Burgon Society (Fellow); Credo Cymru - Forward in Faith Wales; The Foundation of the College of St George; The Friends of Canterbury Cathedral; The Friends of Holy Trinity Cathedral, Parnell; The Friends of St Davids Cathedral; The Royal Historical Society (Fellow); The Society of King Charles the Martyr; The Society of Legal Scholars; The Ecclesiastical Law Society; Honourable Society of the Inner Temple; Affirming Catholicism; The Mission Society of St Wilfrid and St Hilda; International Commission and Association on Nobility; Irish Peers’ Association; Centre for Law and Religion.

The law of the church in the twenty-first century: Essays on law and religion (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2013); Church and State in the Post-Colonial Era: The Anglican Church and the Constitution in New Zealand (Polygraphia (NZ) Ltd, 2008); “The Anglican Church and its decision-making structures” [2008] New Zealand Law Journal 121-124; “The Revenge of the Arcane Exclusion Clause: The Civil Registration of Marriage and the Royal Family” (2005) 5(2) Oxford University Commonwealth Law Journal 179-204; “The nature of ministerial authority in the Anglican Church in New Zealand” (2005) 119(2) Churchman 105-136; “The Symbiosis of Secular and Spiritual Influences upon the Judiciary of the Anglican Church in New Zealand” (2004) 9(1) Deakin Law Review 145-182; “Dispensation, Privileges, and the Conferment of Graduate Status: With Special Reference to Lambeth Degrees” (2002-2003) 18(1) Journal of Law and Religion 249-274; “The Influence of the Common Law and the Decline of the Ecclesiastical Courts of the Church of England” (2001-2002) 3(1) Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion 1-45 ; “Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction in the Church of the Province of Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia” (2001) 6(2) Deakin Law Review 266-284; “Authority for the use of the Royal Arms in Churches” (2000) 5 (27) Ecclesiastical Law Journal 408-416.

Apart from my legal training I have an MTheol from the University of Auckland (on the validity of Anglican Orders), an MA from the Archbishop of Canterbury's Examination in Theology (a "Lambeth degree", on the basis of the legal authority of the Anglican church in New Zealand), and an LTh from the University of Wales Lampeter.

Visiting Fellow, St Edmund's College, University of Cambridge 2009 Visiting Fellow, Wolfson College, University of Cambridge 2006 Fellow of The Royal Historical Society 2004- Visiting Fellow, Faculty of Law, The Australian National University 2003-2004 Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Award, Researcher, Auckland University of Technology 2002 Fowlds Memorial Prize in Law, as the most distinguished student in the Faculty of Law, The University of Auckland 1994 Grand Cordon, The Royal and Hashemite Order of the Pearl (Sultanate of Sulu) 2011