Ani Difranco/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
ani's personal life12/31/2002Will Gordon
  Q: I was wondering whether you would agree with or dispute some rumors concerning Ani's personal life. ...
  A: Hey Liz, There is truth to what you have heard but he is not a musician. He is her sound guy ...
male fans8/13/2002Jessica Mazur
  Q: hey, i was wondering, what's the crowd like at ani shows? i heard all the rumors about ani and her ...
  A: well, to be honest..her crowds are a wee bit ...tense. I mean, 90% of the folks seem to be ...
A couple of questions...7/15/2002Jessica Mazur
  Q: First off...hi. im a 17yr old guitar player who has gotten a little obsession with Ani, whom i heard ...
  A: i think ani appreciates all of her fans...she used to joke about how when male fans would approach ...
Carmegie Hall show4/10/2002Jessica Mazur
  Q: I went to see Ani last Saturday at Carnegie Hall. Incredible! During the show she read from a book ...
  A: ahh here you go : Detroit Annie, hitchhiking by Judy Grahn Her words pour out as if her throat ...
question about one of the openers for ani4/9/2002Lamia
  Q: i am wondering who th e girl is that opened for ani at a milwaukee show i went to in mid march. i ...
  A: her name is noe venable. her official website is supposed to be http://www.noevenable.com but it ...
Ani Read Poster4/5/2002Amy
  Q: Ani did a poster promoting libraries that has her holding a book and the word "READ." Do you know ...
  A: Janet, Awwwww, a question that actually uses my extreme expertise! You can buy the Ani DiFranco ...
What guitar does Ani primarily use?3/26/2002Jessica Mazur
  Q: i'm interested in Ani's guitar preferences, and also do you know of any articles where she gives ...
  A: damn, i had the BEST ani guitar article--but i lost it with everything else when my comp crashed, ...
Ani Songs10/25/2001jo
  Q: Do you know any? And also, I was wondering where I can get bootlegged stuff? Thanks Erin
  A: Well, the best place to go is http://www.anidifranco.org There's a huge forum, and most people ...
tour dates10/19/2001jo
  Q: I know that after this US tour is over Ani is going to europe, do you know when her next tour will ...
  A: heya christi! thanks for writing. i have been digging around for more dates, but i can't even find ...
fan mail10/16/2001Jessica Mazur
  Q: Do you know if Ani reads her fan mail and or responds, and what do her fans who have met her say ...
  A: in all honesty ani couldnt read all that mail if she tried!-but someone reads it---and if someone ...
ani10/15/2001jo
  Q: Is Ani single? I know it sounds crazy but I've been listening to her for about 3 years now and after ...
  A: Dee! Thanks for writing! Ani's happily married to her sound technician, Goat (Andy Gilchrist) They ...
what song10/4/2001jo
  Q: Hey. I have a question and I'm hoping that you can help me. An ex of mine was really into Ani and ...
  A: heya LeikaRae :-) sure! I remember! The song you are thinking of is called "The Diner". It's on 2 ...
Ani's best songs EVER9/27/2001jo
  Q: I'm doing a project for my sound design class. (I'm a theatre major, in case you're wondering.) ...
  A: Usually, I don't do school assignments, but this one sounds interesting... :-) here are my picks: ...
Ani's best songs EVER9/27/2001Jessica Mazur
  A: yeah, i got some time--and i heart ani! BUT THIS IS REEEEEALLLLLLLLLLY HARD!!! so, im gonna try!! ...
ani difranco!!!!8/29/2001jo
  Q: i was wondering if you could hook me up woth some website with killer photos. i have been to a ...
  A: Let's see... well, i run a website.. there are pretty good pictures there (well, *i* think so... :-) ...
feild rep?8/24/2001jo
  Q: what is a field rep and how do I become one? I've been following ani for 6 yrs and she's made and ...
  A: A field rep is a person who essentially publicizes an upcoming ani concert. To get in touch with ...
Ms. Difranco8/23/2001jo
  Q: I would really like to know how you went about getting a press pass... And exactly what freedom does ...
  A: A press pass entitles you to take pictures at the bottom of the stage for the first 3 songs. I was ...
lyrics7/18/2001jo
  Q: what does Ani's song Fuel mean? what is it arguing for?
  A: Well, or course all of Ani's songs are up to personal evaluation. My take on this song is about the ...
ani's band7/15/2001Kara Read
  Q: I was hoping you could tell me the names of Ani's band members and which instruments they play. I ...
  A: Currently Ani's band mates are: Jason Mercer on Bass, Julie Wolfe on Keyboards, Shane Endsley on ...
Ani song stuck in my head...7/10/2001Kara Read
  Q: I saw Ani at a concert last fall and she sang a song I hadn't heard. It's been stuck in my head ...
  A: The song you have been hearing is DONE WRONG off the Dilate album. I have attached the lyrics for ...
ani difranco7/6/2001Jenn
  Q: How did Ani get to where she is now, with her own label and stuff? I write songs and sing and play ...
  A: Well, Ani owns RBR (Righteous Babe Records). It's her record company that she has released all of ...
Ani life6/26/2001Jenn
  Q: my question is in the song letter to a john she says '' i was 11 years old he was as old as my dad ...
  A: The song itself is about some of her friends in NYC. When Ani was 18, she moved there and it ...
concert6/25/2001jo
  Q: I really hope you can help me. Unfortunetly, i arrived at Ani's concert tonight a little late ...
  A: I thought i sent you a response earlier, apologizing about not having the set-list yet... If you ...
opening acts6/19/2001Kara Read
  Q: Who is opening for ani's present-day concerts? I hope to see the one on Sunday but I'm still ...
  A: Hey Allana, I just saw Ani on Sunday. She was absolutely fabulous, I highly recommend you seeing ...
lyrics6/19/2001jo
  Q: from the album "not a pretty girl" i am confused about the meaning of the lyrics during tiptoe, it ...
  A: About the song, "Tiptoe" - the song is about the emotional struggle that Ani had to go through ...
personal life6/18/2001Kara Read
  Q: is she married, or is this another rumor. Just wondering.
  A: Hey Nicki, Yup, Ani is married. She married Andrew Gilchrist, her sound engineer,AKA GoatBoy. They ...
ani's setlist6/14/2001jo
  Q: do you think you could email me ani's set list for the rr tour? it would be much appreciated! thanks ...
  A: .. well, the setlist varied from night to night... however, if you visit ...
ani video5/6/2001Kyra
  Q: I recently saw an Ani video where she was wearing a evening gown and was singing in a lounge. What ...
  A: FIRST OF ALL, I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY RESPONSE TAKING FOR EVER, MY AOL HAS BEEN DOWN!! ...
hey-i don't know if you know...4/30/2001jo
  Q: hey-i don't know if you know anything about philosophy or not, but i am taking a class called wise ...
  A: .. for ani's stance, i would try Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., perhaps... or someone of that ...
LIfe experiences4/21/2001Kyra
  Q: Are there any specific biographical or autobiographical books about Ani and her life experiences?
  A: Laurel: I would like to start by thanking you for allowing me to help answer your Q's!As of right ...
Ani's marital status4/11/2001Kara Read
  Q: Is Ani married?
  A: Ani is married. She married Andrew Gilchrist, her sound engineer,AKA GoatBoy. They got married in ...
meaning4/8/2001Jenn
  Q: i have a copy of 'not a pretty girl' and i was curious as to the what you thought the overall ...
  A: I don't think there's an overall constant message,i think many different messages are ...
Ani's guitar4/1/2001Jenn
  Q: I was wondering what kind of guitar Ani Difranco plays these days AND, more importantly, what kind ...
  A: Here's what I know about the subject: :) Hope this helps! March 1996:Ani DiFranco plays an ...
Ani difranco lyrics - "Hello Birmingham"3/31/2001Amanda
  Q: I was wondering if you could enlighten me as to the significance of Ani's choice of the city of ...
  A: there are two reasons for the birmingham/buffalo locations. one is that both cities had killings of ...
Nosy Li'l Me Wanting To Know About Something Insinuated By RBR3/30/2001Kara Read
  Q: and thanks for answering my question before it's even asked... I ordered some teeshirts and a poster ...
  A: Kae, Well, I haven't heard anything about a baby. I will be seeing her in a few weeks. I'll be in ...
Concerts3/26/2001Kara Read
  Q: I was wondering if you could tell me if there was a way to get backstage passes to her concerts? Do ...
  A: Well I have been talking to a few people about the backstage thing, and it doesn't look good. If ...
RBR JOB INFO3/19/2001jo
  Q: HELO JO! I SEE THAT YOUR A FIELD REP. IN ATLANTA GA, WOW, NOT TO FAR FROM ME! SO I HAVE A QUESTION ...
  A: Well, I would start by calling Ani's label, Righteous Babe Record's hotline: 1-800-On-Her-Own. ...
RBR JOB INFO3/19/2001Kara Read
  Q: I WAS READING YOUR EXPERTISE DESCRIPTION WHEN I CAME ACROSS YOU STATING THAT YOU WERE AN RBR FIELD ...
  A: To become a field rep you need to fill out a questionnaire, answering questions about your views on ...
age3/12/2001Jessica Mazur
  Q: How old is Ani? Where is she from? What is her best album in your opinion?
  A: Ani is 30. She is a native New Yorker, a Buffalo gal!! Wow---the last question is a toughy!!! I ...
I have to do a report for...2/17/2001Jenn
  Q: I have to do a report for english class that's based on people alive today that show a ...
  A: Hmm...it's not a dumb question at all! :) Actually,let's see here..Im going to try to find some ...

Page:    1 

Ani Difranco