Animal Rights/Animal Behavior

Karin wrote at 2013-01-04 04:07:12
Hi Maddie,

If I were one to answer this question, here is my--though somewhat-biased--answer:

If people were to truly understand animal behavior (and animal psychology), I think it would go in two ways: make animal rights people give bigger reason (and excuses) to anthropomorphise animals, and lessen the cause if more people seen animals as animals, NOT humans. There's enough controversy out there without more advanced science into animal behaviour--and psychology--to make things even more controversial and widen the gap even further between those who are AR activists and those who strongly oppose them, like myself.

So, in short, I think it would just make things more complicated than they already need to be.

Animal Rights

Tina Volpe

I can answer almost all questions about animals raised for food... and the horrifying truths of the abuse and torture these animals endure. Also, about the health ramifications of eating animals or their products, i.e. heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, and a host of other diseases linked to our diets. Any questions on existing on a plant based diet, solely, raw diet and the health benefits.

Author of the book “The Fast Food Craze, Wreaking Havoc on Our Bodies and Our Animals” and co-author of the new book, "The Missing Peace, The Hidden Power of our Kinship with Animals". Health researcher, 34 year vegetarian, speaker, educator/consultant, television guest appearing all over the country, radio host of the top rated show “Wake Up America” on GlobalTalk Radio, and published columnist. Now affiliated with PCRM (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) as a "Heart Health" speaker, and SPEAK, as a Humane Educator.

Mercy for Animals, Compassion over Killing, Friends of Animals, PCRM (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) Farm Sanctuary, Animal Acres, Catskill Animal Sanctuary.

LA Life Magazine, Personal Excellence Magazine, and several other misc. publications.

See above