Animal Rights/Animal Behavior

Karin wrote at 2013-01-04 04:07:12
Hi Maddie,

If I were one to answer this question, here is my--though somewhat-biased--answer:

If people were to truly understand animal behavior (and animal psychology), I think it would go in two ways: make animal rights people give bigger reason (and excuses) to anthropomorphise animals, and lessen the cause if more people seen animals as animals, NOT humans. There's enough controversy out there without more advanced science into animal behaviour--and psychology--to make things even more controversial and widen the gap even further between those who are AR activists and those who strongly oppose them, like myself.

So, in short, I think it would just make things more complicated than they already need to be.

-Karin

Animal Rights

Tina Volpe