Animal Rights/Rabbits

Question
Hi
People do not seem to care about the atrocities done to rabbits and the manner in which they are tortured. I saw this on a Tv show, where a man travels to Germany. Rabbits are kept in very tiny cages, where they cannot even move. They are treated with disrespect.
The Angora rabbits are shredded and I do not think they can survive winter.

Answer

I am not familiar about rabbit practices in Germany.  It is sad that some animals have short lives because they are destined for food or other products, and I would understand you being from India rabbits may be one of the animals you wouldn't consider as food (I apologize for not knowing if it's just certain animals you don't eat, or all animals).  Personally I can't eat animals I've had as pets.  Different countries and peoples have different animals they don't consider food, consider food, are work animals, wild pests, wild game animals, helper animals, pets, and many places put animals in one or more of these categories.  It can be very hard when someone has an animal as a pet, and sees others in their community eating an animal that's no different from their pet.  Here, where I am, rabbits are considered so many different things depending who you are, and for me as a rabbit owner, it's personally sad when I think about them being hunted, or considered pests, or part of a restaurant menu.

My own personal religious beliefs give me some consolation for all animals.  Their lives are not lived for nothing.  It is not just to suffer and never exist again.  The spirits of the animals return to their creator, God, and He will one day restore them again when He renews the earth.  They will live again and they will never have to worry about death or being killed ever again.  We will get our beloved animals back again.

Animal Rights

Lee Meyer