Animal Rights/animals right

Why people think that cute animals like puppies deserve to live more than ugly animals like rats? and Why people kill animals for fun like when they are hunting?

Both questions are somewhat complex. Sorry for the delay.

First, people think cute animals deserve protection because of the same reason why people treat pretty people better than ugly ones. It is just part of our fallen nature.

Second, people hunt because they are expressing the joy of being in nature and expressing their God-given dominion over the planet. See Psalm 8. Again, hunters at least in the U.S. and Canada actually protect open space and the animals they enjoy hunting so that they are protected from extinction.

You can read more in my book, Dominion over Wildlife? An Environmental-Theology of Human-Wildlife Relations.  

Animal Rights

Stephen Vantassel

I can answer questions regarding humane capture and control of wildlife. I can`t answer questions about factory farming, vivisection etc.

Past/Present clients
Owned Wildlife Removal Service until sold in 1998. Then I ran Wildlife Damage Control, a consulting company, which was sold in 2004.