Animation/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Animation video for earning online with commercial rights9/30/2016Russell Calabrese
  Q: I want to make animation on my own stories 2d/3d to publish on youtube for earning purpose I have ...
  A: The problem with free software is that it actually isn't free for commercial use. The only way to ...
New levels 3D animation4/25/2016Russell Calabrese
  Q: Considering the breakthroughs 3D animation has made in recent years and how it has become possible ...
  A: I really hope not. I'm not in favor of using CGI for recreating dead actors and comedians. There is ...
Will Hollywood ever go back to making theatrical 2-D animated films or shorts and releasing them commercially on a big budget?2/3/2016Russell Calabrese
  Q: how are you? I am posing a question about the future of Hollywood animation. Technically this is a ...
  A: Some people still making 2D hand drawn animated films for the theater are in Japan and France and ...
How exactly does Flash work- can you please explain it to me?1/29/2016Russell Calabrese
  Q: how are you? I saw your name and description on AllExperts and I am hoping you can answer my ...
  A: Adobe Flash is a vector based program and most animators draw directly into the computer through a ...
Softwares7/11/2015Andre Hickman
  Q: There are many ways to learn a software .But, what are the best ways to learn a software ...
  A: There is really not answer to that question, as everyone has a different learning style. You really ...
Were to offer our services?2/6/2015Russell Calabrese
  Q: Calabrese: Mi name is Francisco Durán and I represent a 2D/3D Animation Studio. We have been ...
  A: Ola Francisco, The best thing you could do is search for production companies and studios and send ...
Looking For An Online Animation Program8/8/2014Andre Hickman
  Q: Mr Hickman First of all, I am not sure are you the right expert in this area but I hope you could ...
  A: Hey Jeff, I'm not familiar with any free 2D cell animation programs, but a free 3D program is Blendr ...
How to sell my 3d animation film4/29/2014Russell Calabrese
  Q: My film is a 3D animation 1920.1080 HD format. I just finished it this year. What is the next step ...
  A: I really can't help you with selling your film but, you should definitely Copyright it. It's ...
Walt Disney Company4/28/2014Russell Calabrese
  Q: My name is Violet. I am doing a huge research for my language arts class. My topic of choice is the ...
  A: I work at the Walt Disney Company and can not talk about the company unless authorized to do so. ...
Watchmen Movie Poster2/21/2014Russell Calabrese
  Q: I am trying to figure who the artist is, of a specific movie poster for Warner Bros.' Watchmen. The ...
  A: I'm not really the right person to ask for this. You should also ask a comics expert and a movie ...
Animation as a carer.1/29/2014Andre Hickman
  Q: my name is Bishop Lewis. I'm a sophomore in high school. I've been trying to perfect my drawing ...
  A: I actually can't answer all of these questions, because I'm not the typical art student. Yes, I do ...
Converting .vpj to .avi12/8/2013Andre Hickman
  Q: When I convert this according to instructions, the final product is huge (7.47G) and saved in ...
  A: Hey Marilyn, I have never used the .vpj format, but I'll tell you that I have to use the .avi ...
Framed Disney Bambi on Cloth, Artist?11/16/2013Russell Calabrese
  Q: I am interested in finding out if anyone there is familiar with artists from years past that did ...
  A: I'm sorry to say, in my opinion, this piece looks like somebody did this this for themselves as a ...
2d digital animation in Adobe flash and more10/31/2013Russell Calabrese
  Q: Calabrese I'm Bobby Geter and I plan to have a career in animation and graphic design. I've always ...
  A: You need to take your time and learn the basics. What you're asking for is a way to do animation ...
Creation Kit to Blender10/19/2013Andre Hickman
  Q: Fallout 3 has a downloadable creation kit from their website. In this kit you can access all of the ...
  A: Hey Tony, send me a link to the creation kit, so that I can look at it. I don't know what format ...
Movie Effects10/18/2013Andre Hickman
  Q: I was wondering if you knew of any mats and wall papers designed with grids or other types of ...
  A: Hey James, I haven't seen anything like that. Usually people just use markers, and they don't have ...
3D Graphics Education9/12/2013Andre Hickman
  Q: I'm looking to educate myself (both theoretically and practically) in 3D graphics design and virtual ...
  A: Hey Darren, sorry it took so long...the dumb email was buried in a folder that I wasn't paying ...
Animating a video8/28/2013Russell Calabrese
  Q: How do I create a video like "the encounter- prelude to the man with the iron fist" Also..what is ...
  A: It looks like the original artwork was created in Painter or PhotoShop and possibly manipulated ...
Rendering program advice?8/3/2013Russell Calabrese
  Q: I am using Poser 9, Blender and Zbrush 4r5. I render in Poser, which uses their Firefly render ...
  A: Sorry I can't really help you with this question. I don't use any of these programs at the moment. ...
Best Laptop7/2/2013Russell Calabrese
  Q: I was wondering which laptops you would recommend (that run Windows) for 2D animation using Flash ...
  A: I'm a animation expert not a computer expert but I mostly work on Macs so I couldn't tell you which ...
Limited Edition Chuck Jones original cel, signed6/20/2013Russell Calabrese
  Q: I have a Chuck Jones original limited edition cel of Marvin the Martion and Bugs, matted and framed. ...
  A: The following place is the most reputable place for animation art I know of. That little tear on ...
after effects timeline6/7/2013Joseph Silver
  Q: I may have changed something in After Effects, and now when I import an animation clip from Bryce ...
  A: How long is your clip from Bryce? How long is your After Effects composition? It sounds to me like ...
After Effects timeline6/7/2013Andre Hickman
  A: There are a couple of things that may have gone awry, so we might have to walk through this, until I ...
Lithophlanes5/29/2013Andre Hickman
  Q: I have been trying to find ways to create better Lithophlanes from images to create 3D models that I ...
  A: Hey James, I know exactly what you are speaking of, and what your problems are. This is a tough ...
Cartoon4/5/2013Russell Calabrese
  Q: I recently self published a children's picture book that teaches young children about science ...
  A: Make a presentation bible of the characters and what they do and some bio background about them. ...
Fish Animation3/20/2013Russell Calabrese
  Q: I'm doing an animation on fish, but that the moment i'm just drawing on Paint and screen-shotting ...
  A: If you have Adobe PhotoShop® you can make small animated pieces. My friend Tom does it all the ...
Senior needing a bit of help!2/24/2013Russell Calabrese
  Q: Mr. Calabrese, I am planning on getting a bachelors in Animation as soon as I graduate from high ...
  A: I lived in the 'burbs and was pretty much self taught. If you have artwork that you have done on ...
Animation after engineering12/13/2012Andre Hickman
  Q: Andre Hickman, I am currently a sophomore year Computer Science and Engineering(CSE) student, from ...
  A: I don't have all of those answers...sorry. I can give you what I have observed. I do not know how ...
Senior Project11/29/2012Russell Calabrese
  Q: I am doing my Senior Project on animation and I am interested in the field of animation. I would ...
  A: I see you went to SVA and Rutgers University, were there any specific courses you would recommend ...
photography11/25/2012Joseph Silver
  Q: Mr. Silver I am trusting is well with you. I am not sure if what I am about to ask is for the right ...
  A: For this task, it would be best to use a program like Adobe Photoshop. You would use the Path or ...
finding character agents11/1/2012Russell Calabrese
  Q: Russell, You strongly indicated one must get an agent to solicit cartoon and animated characters. ...
  A: If you know someone who has an agent, they can recommend you to them to meet with you. I can't ...
Becoming an Animator10/18/2012Russell Calabrese
  Q: I am currently a pre-animation major at Brigham Young University, and after taking my first classes ...
  A: Most "actual animation" jobs are overseas in Korea, China and India these days. There are few in the ...
Moving pictures and words10/14/2012Joseph Silver
  Q: We have a series of drawings or words in book and when we move the pages in a good speed, it'll look ...
  A: What you describe sounds like a "flipbook": that is, a book which when you quickly "flip" through ...
Stroke effect10/2/2012Andre Hickman
  Q: I'm currently using Adobe After Effects CS6 Professional and eager to explore more techniques in ...
  A: Hey Akmal, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but I think you want to "draw" the stroke of a ...
Animation10/1/2012Joseph Silver
  Q: Silver, This is Moana again, thank you so much for the response! I have couple more question. You ...
  A: Yes, Maya is quite a handful, especially if you are a beginner. Have you had experience with other ...
Hello10/1/2012Joseph Silver
  Q: Silver, I am interested towards 3D computer graphics and I heard that taking a double major of ...
  A: I definitely think it would be a good idea to mix visual arts into your education - exposing ...
Pencil sketch by Chuck Jones8/22/2012Russell Calabrese
  Q: I have a pencil sketch done by Mr. Jones. It is signed, with a letter of good wishes. The envelope ...
  A: Original Drawings by Chuck are always worth something. http://www.vegalleries.com/ The Van Eaton ...
question8/8/2012Russell Calabrese
  Q: i does not have many questions but have some important questions that i want please answere them ...
  A: I don't know of any info on a new Sonic cartoon. I don't have an e-mail address for whom you should ...
Animation7/25/2012Russell Calabrese
  Q: Have you ever seen the opening of Dragonball Z Tenkaichi or DC universe trailer? How well or how ...
  A: First of all, it takes a team of character animators, effects animators, designers, lighting, ...
Autodesk 123D7/3/2012Andre Hickman
  Q: When using Autodesk 123D how do I prevent holes on surfaces? I tried doing one model around sunset ...
  A: For what I've seen with 123D, I would definitely push to try to get the lighting as evenlit as ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Animation

Russell Calabrese

Top Expert on this page