Animation/Limited Edition Chuck Jones original cel, signed

Question
Cel1
Cel1  

Cel3
Cel3  

I have a Chuck Jones original limited edition cel of Marvin the Martion and Bugs, matted and framed. The signature is clear, but the Warner Bros info on the front is faded to almost invisible - in the light the indentations can be clearly read to say "17 out of 200, Warner Bros, 1984." The cell and frame are in excellent condition, but the hanging portion of the frame back shows some damage.

I'm seeing wildly different values online, depending on auction site and gallery. Can you help me, or can you point me in the right direction to find its value? Any help is greatly appreciated!

(Oh, and in the pictures, those "smears" are actually reflections - I took two shots to show they're not static on the cel.)

Answer
Hello Diane,

The following place is the most reputable place for animation art I know of.

That little tear on the tape on the back is not going to affect the worth.
The tape can be fixed at Fast Frame for hardly any money. They might even do it as a favor if you're getting something else framed.

Check out Van Eaton Galleries. They would know!

http://www.vegalleries.com/

Hope this helps.

ой

Animation

Russell Calabrese